Today was the first official day of baseball practice for Elijah.
It was 30 degrees and snowing, but it didn't matter.
Our boys are tough.
It may have helped that they were practicing indoors.
In a huge gym, where they will continue to practice until spring decides to grace us with her presence.
I like kids' basketball. And gymnastics. And even soccer.
But I LOVE Little League baseball.
I am so excited for Elijah to have the chance to play on a competitive league, to showcase his mad pitching skills and first baseman prowess. I can't wait to bask in the sun on the bleachers with the other moms, cheering our boys on as they give it their all.
Even on this cold, snowy day, the hope of a baseball-filled spring is just around the corner, and it makes this momma very happy.
Are your kids in sports? What's your favorite one to be a part of? Are you lusting for spring as much as I am?
7 comments:
Yes I have spring fever! It is a beautiful 73 degrees today ! We will be starting tball and softball in the next few weeks ! Looking forward to it! Oh Nates pinewood derby is for tigerscouts !His race is next week . How about Gabes? I just applied for the RN program :O fingers are crossed! The schools are so impacted here in Ca ( 3-4yr waiting list!) so i applied to a school that looks at gpa no waiting in less you dont get in ha !I am takin anthropology online. How about your classes ?
I always loved watching kiddos play in sports ... to see them having fun is just the greatest!
here's to a great season for Elijah
Baseball, already?!
Ah yes...
Caitlyn had her state competition Friday/Saturday and today (Sunday) she had her first off-season all-star cheer practice. : ) It's never ending.
My girls are soccer players and they love it! We're definitely a soccer family. Both hubby & my younger brother played competitively, so it's in our blood to be on the sidelines, cheering them on. We've talked about letting them try basketball and I played volleyball, so I would love it if they tried it too. One thing we've outlawed is softball though. The time commitment is just out of control. Especially in my neck of the woods.
My kids are still pretty little so we have Lil Kickers which is soccer without games, just little drills and stuff, but darn cute. My five year-old plays something called Biddy Basketball which only vaguely resembles actual basketball! We signed him up for t-ball this spring. I'm sure I'll end up loving whatever my kids love best. From my childhood though, I'm partial to basketball. All my siblings played, and I have great memories of winter nights in sweaty gyms. In fact, when we got to my son's little games, the smell makes me feel homesick or nostalgic or something.
Dominic wanted to do T-ball but apparently the deadline for the March season is in December. Go figure. So I'm looking into karate. :) We shall see...
Post a Comment