Another snow day.
Another day of hearing "I'm so bored".
Another day of needing to write a paper for my class, but feeling pulled to play with the kids, instead.
I am seriously thanking God that February is a short month. And I'm praying for a break from all this snow and ice and cold weather. I desperately need a day of sunshine and temperatures above freezing.
My whining kids have turned me into a whiner. What's a girl to do?
(Other than pack up my house and move to warmer parts. Stephanie, your so-cal location is looking better every day!)
6 comments:
We were very lucky this time and only received rain. There will be some ice patches since the temp is only get to 29 tomorrow.
Stay warm!!!
Pack up your family & Catherine & her family and move to Texas! Although currently it's 22 degrees in these parts...dipping into the low teens tonight. :( But if Texas lives up to its reputation, we will be sweating & wearing shorts by the weekend! Ha!
I want to wring the neck of whoever taught my five year-old the phrase "I'm bored." Our first snow day is tomorrow, and I'm hoping I don't hear it much.
Good news is that a weather expert just claimed that after this storm clears, February is going to be quite warm! So there's that.
If you can't see the sunshine, be the sunshine. Good luck with your paper!
Not sure what the forecast is for you today, but it is supposed to get up to the mid 40s here. Practically balmy! It's rainy, but I'll take it.
I am definitely in need of some warmth and sunshine, though. A friend of a friend has a beautiful condo in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico that I visited a few years ago. Whenever I get the winter blues, I think about that place and dream about going back. Sigh.
Florida is always nice this time of year......ahem.
I actually don't mind the cold. It's the wind and ice that does me in.
I do, however, mind the heat. I only like summer because we have green grass and can visit the beach on any given Saturday. I don't like to sweat, which I do, constantly (even inside) in the summer. Shedding a few extra pounds would probably help that...:)
You are welcome to my neck of the woods anytime. Just give me a day or so to clean the toilets and wash the towels......:)
We had a snow day today and we are getting another one tomorrow. SHOCKING! It NEVER happens here. My daughter said that hell must have frozen over twice. LOL.
Post a Comment