Friday, February 11, 2011

Do you TGIF?

Most people in the workaday world rejoice the arrival of Friday.

Since having kids, I have usually worked the weekend shifts in some fashion, mainly so we don't need a sitter during the week.

I have been off all week, and now that Friday is here, it's time for Joe to be off and me to go to work.

I will work 12 hours Friday night, sleep a few hours Saturday, work Saturday night, sleep a bit on Sunday, and then the weekend will be over.  Come Monday, I'll be saying TGIM :)

I love the way this system works for our family.  I don't work every single weekend; it's just the way it turned out this week.  I like being able to get up in the mornings and make breakfast and pack lunches, and be home in the evenings to cook dinner and help with school stuff.  It's really the best of both worlds.

How many of you TGIF?  Is there anyone else with me, who will be happy when Monday arrives?

7 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I can totally see where a nurses schedule can help with the routines of family... that's really cool... but its gotta feel funny to work when everyone is off... the trade off I guess.

Hopefully the weekend will feel fast for you, slow for me :)

ethelmaepotter! said...

I work Tuesday night through Saturday night, so I definitely see where you're coming from. I also smile wryly at cashiers who tell ey on Fridays to 'have a good weekend!' "Too late," I think to myself, "my weekend's shot!"

Suzann said...

Sorry, I'm just waiting for June at this point. LOL

I need a break from cheerleading. I will get a break from work AND cheer in June.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

TGIF has always been weird in this household too. John's days off are Monday & Tuesday...so we get excited for TGISunday...the one day we can be together ALL day...even though he gets off at 8 am...he stays up all day to spend time with me.

Anonymous said...

We're a typical Monday-through-Friday family, but I do love Mondays. It's back to the routine, back to the schedule, back to what we know, as opposed to the spontaneous, carefree weekend days. Which are fun, too, in small doses! =>

Shannon said...

I'm with ya! TGIM :)

I have to second what Stacia said... it's back to the routine on Mondays. Kids back to school, Shane back to work... and me back to doing whatever it is I do. ;)

mep said...

I think it's great that you guys have a schedule that works so well for your family. Truly does sound like the best of both worlds.

I wouldn't say I'm TGIM, but I'm with Stacia in that I like getting back into the routine on Mondays. I always feel motivated and hopeful and energetic at the beginning of the week.