Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh, those two little words!

Day Two of spring break.

Isabel has finished reading Twilight.

Elijah has played Runescape and PS2 and Wii to his heart's content.

Gabe has crashed and revved up every Hot Wheel he owns.

It's too cold and wet to play outside for more than five minutes.

Joe and I are trying to redecorate our living room and have spent all day priming the walls.

Guess what two words I've heard all afternoon...






"I'm bored..." (in a very whiny tone of voice).

"There's nothing to do around here" is another one.

I swear, the next kid to utter those words is gonna be scrubbing the toilets. (I'm not kidding.)

14 comments:

MarciaBrady said...

You know if you get 'em cleaning...they WON'T utter those words again!

Tell them to enjoy it. My spring breaks while in school were spent going to work with my mom cleaning or cleaning our home! NO FUN at all!!

Wow...their spring break is late! Meagan's was two weeks ago.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Ah, I remember those horrible words!

Sucks that their spring break is wet & cold. Let them know that it was the same way in Arkansas 2 weeks ago during ours!

Check out my last post. Pick up your fan!

Michelle said...

This is why I am glad we only have 3 days off!! Have fun the rest of the week.

Cammie said...

Hand your daughter New Moon--or have a 2 hour discussion about why Edward belongs to MOMMY and not her

mommy4life said...

My children have learned that uttering those words is license for mom to assign extra chores....

Rebecca Jo said...

My mom once told me if I said it one more time, she'd put me to work... she did! Next time she told me I better entertain myself or I'd get another chore... never again did I utter those "I'm bored" words!

Ashley said...

At least that is something to do!!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

You have my sympathies.

Ours was last week and it snowed 2 of the days. This week is sunny and warm. WTH?

Good luck!

Lula! said...

Those are cuss words in my house...you say "Bored" and you're getting your mouth washed out with soap.

I'm so hardcore.

What did Isabel think of Twilight? My newphew just started New Moon. I'm so proud.

Jen said...

you put them to work, that will teach them.

Shannon said...

So are your toilets sparkling yet? ;)

Suzann said...

Poor kiddos. It's tough to want something extra special to do and you just can't find it.

But, whenever I have suggested that I could "find" something for my kids to do, they seem to disappear.

Kim said...

Em's on spring break too, but she is the opposite. I can't get her to go out and do anything with me. Are your toilets clean yet? You have got to be loving this weather we are having today. Send 'em outside and let 'em get all muddy...woo hoo! Ohio weather.

April Greer said...

That's pretty funny...I think work when mine make that complaint too!