Saturday, April 4, 2009

Finding Spring!

On a breezy March day, Gabe and I set off on an "avenchur" to find spring.

The sun is shining, the robins have returned, the tulips are poking up...does that mean spring is here? Gabe was not convinced, so off we went, through our neighborhood and up the hill...


to a nearby subdivision that has not one, but two, playgrounds to explore. Along the way, Gabe demanded that I photograph each clover and dandelion, every pear and weeping cherry tree in bloom (I won't bore y'all with each one of those pics, though).

The walk was long, and Gabe needed to take a rest on the swing.


Quickly restored, we walked on to the second playground, where Gabe climbed and slid and swang (swinged, swung?) to his heart's content.


After looking high and low, Gabe finally decided we found spring, after all. Hooray!


Spring in our area means ducks and worms and fish (and lots of duck poop). And you know he wouldn't rest until we saw some of that...


Gabe is such a good sport, he even took off his jacket (despite the chilly breeze) and let me take his picture for his senior (preschool) portrait:


The joy of "finding spring" through Gabe's eyes is an experience I won't soon forget.

Truly an "avenchur" worth taking!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

That boy quacks me up.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Oh my goodness.....HOW FUN!

What a beautiful "advechur" you guys took....and you got exercise doing all that walking :) my favorite!

You did an awesome job on the senior photo!! Love the angle, the blue sky oh all of it. Especially Gabe's adorable smile!

Rebecca Jo said...

There's nothing like seeing the world through a child's eyes!!!

That last picture if fantastic!!!

ChicagoLady said...

I love how Gabe had to make sure and stop at both playgrounds!

What an adorable picture you took for his senior (preschool) portrait.

I agree with Rebecca Jo, there's nothing like seeing the world through the innocence of a child's eyes.

Jen said...

Oh thank you for this, I am so glad that you found spring. Great photos.

Shannon said...

Love the pics of your "avenchur"!

We had a spring-like day here today... sunny, high of 70. Tomorrow should be warmer, but rain. And Monday? The high should be 44. Yes, you heard correct... 44.

Grrrrr...

Katy said...

What a lovely post! What a joy, can't wait till i can have kiddies to explore with..

Jane In The Jungle said...

Love that "Senior Photo"!!
Boys will use any excuse to get ya outdoors on an avenchur!!!

Lula! said...

I love this avenchur.

p.s. "Senior photo?" Awesome.

p.p.s. Duck poop? Awesomer.

Unknown said...

Awesome senior picture! That's my boy. I found your dad's picture and put it in my car to bring over. It is very hard to tell that it is not Gabe. You are a wonderful mother taking such an advechur! What memories you will have. Love, Mom

HiHoOhio said...

DARLING!!! See you tonight

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I need to do a spring time post. However I can't promise no boring pictures of things in bloom :-)

Suzann said...

Aw! Gabe rocks.