Thursday, April 2, 2009

BBS

aka "Blog Bible Study".

Once again, my big sis, Michelle, beat me to the punch. Why on earth I can't keep two little dates (1st and 15th) in my head is beyond me...

After reading through several verses, this is the one that struck me today:

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Galatians 1:10

My concordance explains this verse as such:

"Do you spend your life trying to please everybody? Whose approval are you seeking--others' or God's? Pray for the courage to seek God's approval above anyone else's."
Life Application Study Bible, NIV


Talk about feeling convicted. Too often I feel that I am indeed trying to please everybody...my kids, my husband, my friends, my co-workers, my boss. God is not usually at the top of that list, where He clearly belongs. Something to work on.

Anybody else feel that way?

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Everyday.

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

I concur with Michelle.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Ah, I am right there with you, Heather. I forgot on the 1st and the 15th. I'll get mine up tomorrow.

I need to memorize this verse as well!

Lula! said...

YES YES YES!!!

This is my life. I'm so glad He works on it. Daily. Minutely.

(Is "minutely" a word? Well, it is now.)

Unknown said...

So true. I need to really work on that also. I forget who really should come first in my life. And oh how I need Him right now. Mom.

Rebecca Jo said...

WOW... I'm totally marking down that verse for my next memory scripture.. what a verse to hold onto!

Kim said...

Always.

ChicagoLady said...

I think too many people get caught up in the daily demands of life, as you mentioned, and forget to put God first. I know I do. Great verse to focus on.

April Greer said...

I need this sticky posted to my hand...great reminder!