Monday, April 6, 2009

How old are we, anyway?

What do you get when you mix two pitchers of pomegranate martinis,



a newly released DVD full of teenaged angst and rock-hard marble vampires (ahem),

and a group of thirty-something women (three Twilight virgins, one Twilight newbie, two newly-addicted Twi-moms and one Twilight expert)?


You get a night filled with eating, drinking, giggling and sighing, sharing personal stories of teenage angst and first loves.


If your names are Heather and Monica, you get a hell of a hangover, the likes of which haven't been seen since high school.


If your name is Jenni, you have a "little headache", which you cure with an eight mile run at 8am the next day. (Lovingly I say to you, you suck!)


Now we are counting down the days to New Moon (November 20th, mark it on your calendar)... Even if Lula fails on her mission of "fasting and praying for a better New Moon", we will all still have a great time that night; of this, I am certain.


Now, where did I put that Excedrin?


(p.s. I found the recipe for pomegranate martinis on foodnetwork.com. They were delicious. However, my hangover cured me forever of wanting this particular drink. Looks like I'm sticking with Mike's Hard...((that's what she said)).)

14 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

How fun did that night have to be??? I'd totally join you ladies!

Love the Edward shirt too!

Cammie said...

ohhhhh, FUN!!! I nursed a wicked hangover this weekend too thanks to the New Kids.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

My 11 year old has that shirt, too :-)

Is it sacrelidge that I am putting Twilight in her Easter basket?

Michelle said...

And just how did you get home young lady????

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I was thinking what Michelle wrote.

Looks like FUN!!!

I love any martini!!!

Shannon said...

Lemme guess...

the Twilight expert is the one wearing the "Edward" tee.

Am I right? Huh? Huh?

;)

ChicagoLady said...

What are the qualifications (or lack thereof) for Twilight virgin?

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

I love that you are rocking an Edward tee. I won't tell you about my sister being in Forks last weekend or what she brought home for me. That would be mean.

Or that her best friends sister ran into the cast (including Rob) in Vancouver last weekend....Sometimes it is nice to live in the Pacific Northwest. We have sparkly vampires.

Ashley said...

Fun party! Over at Hostess with the Mostess she featured a Twilight-themed party and I really want to do it!!But none of my friends are into Twilight. Maybe I need to have this party for all the Twilight-virgins. Hehe!

Glad ya'll had fun!

MarciaBrady said...

That's great! I see you were totally ready with your Edward shirt and everything. I guess you were clearly the expert there? haha

Glad you had fun. Sorry about the hangover!!

Lula! said...

Y'all are some sexy stuff! Wish I could've been there.

But I'm still here...fasting and praying...of course.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I'm a fan of your site. Go to my blog and check it out!

Suzann said...

Poor you. I guess you can't keep up with the big girls.

April Greer said...

Absolutely loved these books...but have not seen the movie yet. You didn't say if it was any good? Or do you remember??!! Checked out your profile...I love Stephen King and Dean Koontz too!