How many shopping days until Christmas? I know some people have it all figured out to the last second...I have even received an email with the countdown to Christmas in actual time, just to stress you out a little more. It's not working, though. I love Christmas and just about everything about it...shopping for the perfect gift, decorating the house and yard, wrapping presents, making and sending and receiving Christmas cards, going to parties...but most of all, teaching my kids the real meaning of Christmas, and creating traditions and memories that will last them all of their lives (I hope!). Have you heard that song "Mary Did You Know?" ? I was driving with the kids when it came on in the van, and it got us talking about Jesus when he was a baby, and whether or not Mary had any idea what was in store for her baby boy. As a mother, I just love that perspective on the Christmas story. I'll see if I can find the video...look at the right and check it out if it's there.
Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving. Mine was mixed...I was able to celebrate with family before and after the holiday, but spent the actual day at work having an absolutely horrible day. My prayers are with the family of my 36-year old patient, who lost her life yesterday after a tragic stroke. She leaves behind a husband, three teenaged children, and lots of other family. So sad.
Cherish these days with your family, and create some new blessed memories with your kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment