Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy October!


Since I don't have any pumpkins yet, I opted for this picture of Elijah posing in his orange shirt with Ellie. Note the grass that was still green...obviously this one was taken before the drought!
I don't know about all of you, but October is my absolute favorite month of the year! Probably because it is my birth month, but there is not one thing about fall that I don't like. My dad the pessimist would have found something to complain about (leaves in the gutters, raking up the leaves, cleaning pumpkin guts...), but thank God that I did not inherit THAT gene. No, for those of you who know me well, you know I am optimistic almost to a fault. I can't help it. What is there not to like? Get a gutter guard, hire a kid to rake, paint your pumpkin and get out and enjoy these beautiful days and cool evenings!
I got out the fall decorations this past Friday, and Isabel and Gabe were so excited to see the pumpkins, witches, and ghosts scattered about. Some new apple and cinnamon candles to set the mood, a pot of white chicken chili and cornbread (anyone want the recipe? just leave a comment and I'll email it to you) and we were ready to kick off another autumn.
So many fun things to do...keep checking for some new pics of our fall activities. Also, check out one of my very favorite Christian songs "Sweetly Broken" on the Youtube player at the right. You'll love it!

No comments: