Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Good Times...

The pictures may be tiny, but the good time had by our girly trio was HUGE!

Caleb and his fam put on an incredible show...

SOLD OUT!

Lula, me, and Lacey...enjoying some sunshine before the show.
Taxicab confessions...

Downtown, in our plush 5-star hotel...(or not :)

Still waiting for Lula to email me some more pics (hint, hint). My camera wouldn't fit into my tiny, bought-just-for-the-concert purse, so I had to rely on the Lee County girls and their cute cameras and blackberries.

KOL put on an awesome show, and we made some great memories:

*Gabe giving Lula a big kiss and hug "for Mudder's Day", thirty seconds after meeting her for the first time.

*Elijah, Isabel and Gabe loving the gifts of books (Isabel's already 1/3 of the way through The Westing Game). Thanks, Lula!

*Three girls trying to get ready for the concert (in a one bathroom suite), with no hot water and a shower nozzle that refused to put out more than a mist (sorry, Lacey!).

*Taxicab confessions on our way to the Pavilion.

*Double dipping our pretzels (like french-kissing through the cheese).

*People watching (and sometimes picture-taking...baby footprints tattoos, anyone?).

*5000 fans singing along to "Sex on Fire" with Caleb. Incredible!

*A group of 20-somethings next to us, smoking doobies and practically having their own sex-on-fire right then and there. Hello!

*Teachable social moments with Lacey (homeless people, the meaning of TMI).

*Sharing a sofa-bed with Lacey, with Lula texting, blogging, and finding cool videos 'til the wee hours of the morning.

All in all, it was a great time. I only wish they could've stayed a bit longer. If you have the chance to see Kings of Leon, do it. They sounded just as good live as they do on the stereo (or iPod), and they are HOT to watch!

Good times, I tell ya!

15 comments:

Cammie said...

awww, looks like fun!! I heart girls night out!

Rebecca Jo said...

OK - I've never even HEARD of Kings of Leon... I've gotta check them out!!!

Looks like an awesome weekend though! Nothing like hanging with the girls!!!

Jen said...

How totally cool! I can tell how much fun this was for you. On your next trip will you please take me?

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

So very fun! Are the pictures so small because they are from a phone?

So very fun...blog friends are the best!

Heather said...

"...YOUR SEX IS ON FIRE!!!" PB's ringtone. Yes it is. OH, how I wish I could've been there. It sounds like you girls had a blast!

Angie's Spot said...

Love the pics! Can't wait to see more. So jealous, but so glad you guys had a ball!!

Katy said...

That looked like lots of fun, i have been to seen a band for ages!

Also.... there is a traveling great distances...all the way to your letter box at the moment...

A few little things for you and your lovely kiddies :-)

HiHoOhio said...

sounds like fun, can't wait to hear about it. call when you have a minute....I do not want to wake you!

Michelle said...

Glad you girls had fun. Yeah, but I think I may be getting too old. Sounds like way too much fun in one night for me. I would have died.

Lula! said...

Your post is way better than mine. I'm totally linking you. Because I love you.

Melissa said...

Girls night outs are a bi-monthly necessesity. No doubt.

The pics are small, but your gorgeousness is huge! I love you all!

Suzann said...

What fun! I'm green with envy.

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Hi. You were ahead of me on SITS. Glad I found your blog.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

That does sound like loads of fun!!!

ChicagoLady said...

Definitely sounds like a night that needed more pictures! LOL