I'm pretty sure y'all know what I got for Mother's Day this year.
A truckload of dirt, another one of mulch, money for flowers, and the time to plant them.
I have looked forward to landscaping our patio since we had it poured last summer. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the man behind the hard labor:

Yep, Joe is the one who mows the lawn, unloads the dirt/mulch from his truck, sets the fenceposts in concrete, offers opinions on flower types (and doesn't get angry when I don't heed said advice...sorry, honey). Generally, he does the hard work, and I get to design and plant and admire the end result. I'm so lucky :)
Here's the grand tour:
The front door, with potted geraniums, morning glory, osteospurnum, spikes, verbena and vinca...

The front flower bed, still in need of the second truckload of mulch...

A view of the back, taken from the side of the house. The fence panels Joe had saved from a previous Lowe's job served their purpose, giving us some privacy for our patio and a great canvas for some clematis and more morning glory...
There is nothing like sitting on the patio after the sun has gone down (and the kids have gone to bed), admiring the view of the creek, listening to the chirping of the crickets, and inhaling the fresh scent of my favorite plant...honeysuckle. Here's a closeup; can you smell it?

Hopefully by next year, the lattice on the side of the deck will be covered with sweet pea, clematis, and more morning glory. I planted dark purple wave petunias, ornamental grass, purple pincushions, a bleeding heart plant. Some colorful annuals fill in the empty spots for now, until the perennials grow a bit.

Hopefully by next year, the lattice on the side of the deck will be covered with sweet pea, clematis, and more morning glory. I planted dark purple wave petunias, ornamental grass, purple pincushions, a bleeding heart plant. Some colorful annuals fill in the empty spots for now, until the perennials grow a bit.
And there you have it. Now all that's left is the weeding, the watering, and the wonderment that comes from admiring the vast array of flowers that God has provided us.
Now it's your turn. Got some great outdoor photos to share? You know we'd love to see and learn about different plants! Let's have our own Home and Garden show here in Blogland!


14 comments:
That looks wonderful!!! You're quite a green thumb gal! I might need your expertise.
Well dang chicka. I'm bumming now. I've got nothing but an ugly yard in desperate need of landscaping. Not this year, but maybe next? Wanna come help me?
That's gorgegous... I have no gardening skills AT ALL...just happy when my annuals come back every year (Thank you people who lived there before who planted them)
MMM... love the smell of honey suckle!
During Michael's braincation, this is what I had him do...lots and lots of gardening. I like to supervise rather than participate. I need to do a post of all that he did. But I have really no idea of what he planted except that it's pretty!
I love working in the dirt! Your planters look lovely now!
Thanks for mentioning me. It was a lot of work, but looks really nice. The flower selection was very good. Can't wait for the clematis to get going!!
I´m not the Betty you mentioned in this post, but I enjoyed it too. I´ve been visiting off an on and I love your yard. You did good!
That looks so great, you have a green thumb. I love the paver walkway in the front of the house.
I have been MIA but wanted to come and comment before my computer gets dismantled and I am officially out of touch. I cannot wait to see all that you get done while I am in the midst of packing moving and then doing it all over again.....I think I hate myself!
looks great!!!!!!
BTW, I have two new photos on my blog....home on the side and photo at the top of some of my flowers!
Looks wonderful!!!! I love the lattice on the porch. I want a bleeding heart plant! The clematis is going to look lovely when it grows.
Joe good job!!!!
Very nice job! Sure wish I had a scratch 'n sniff monitor so I could smell the honeysuckle.
Yeah, it came out terrific.
What an awesome...perfect for you...gift!
")
Julie
That sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see the results with all of the purple. You planted all of that just for me, right? lol I know, I know...
Post a Comment