Friday, May 1, 2009

ABC's

Dear Mommy,

I know you want me to learn my ABC's.

You read to me every night.

You sing me that darn ABC song everytime you push me on the swing.

You tell me that I won't get any more new Hot Wheels until I learn to write my name.

Even my preschool teacher is pressuring me.

Don't you people know I have more important things to do?

Things like play outside. Hit baseballs and soccer balls and golf balls. Play in the creek and get muddy and find worms. Ride my scooter. Run around with my guy friends...you know, FUN stuff.

Today, though, it's raining, and the weatherman says it might rain for the next few days.

So, I decided I would try this ABC thing. And you know what? I kinda like it. When I made a "B" and a "P" and a "T" in my little book, I just knew they were letters. And I really liked how you hugged me and told me you were so proud of me! And then when Daddy came home, he did the same thing!



So now I just have one question for you:


When do I get my new Hot Wheel?


Love,
Gabe

10 comments:

Kori said...

Way to go Gabe! And let me just say I would kill for his tan. Ok so maybe kill is a strong word, but that tan man I wish.

Jen said...

that is so cool. it is so neat to see them write. Hayden has really taken off on the writing thing. I now get "Mom, how do you spell...." Just wait.

Angie's Spot said...

That's awesome!! I'm working with my 4 yr old on some of her letters and she's making some progress. She's more interested in learning to read right now. Bless her heart, she is so frustrated that she can't pick up a book and read it by herself yet. LOL!

Melissa said...

Woot Woot! You could teach him the Disney's Choo Choo Soul version of the ABC's. It's really catchy. And the engineer is hot! I blogged about it a few days ago. There is a video on there too. Show it to Gabe and see what he thinks.

BBB said...

Oh... that's so cool. I adore watching my kids write and learn and those little lightbulbs start to turn on!!!

Suzann said...

Woo-Hoo GABE! I've got some Hot Wheels for you!! And then you can write me a note with your name when you get them. Gabe ROCKS!!!

Heather said...

Precious boy. We're learning our letters too. It can be hard work sometimes, but it looks like he's getting the hang of it!

The Wife O Riley said...

Good Job Gabe!!

Write C A R and I bet you'll get tons of Hot Wheels.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Awww...this was so sweet!!

Sometimes reading these post about ABC's and potty training, etc...brings back so many memories I end up crying in front of my computer.

Go GABE!!!

ChicagoLady said...

Unfortunately, B P T doesn't spell Gabe, so until then...

WTG on a great start with your letters, Gabe!