Was your Mom mean?
I know mine was.
We had the meanest mother in the whole world!
While other kids ate candy for breakfast,
We had to have cereal, eggs, and toast.
When others had a Pepsi and a Twinkie for lunch,
We had to eat sandwiches.
And you can guess our mother fixed us a dinner that was
Different from what other kids had, too.
Mother insisted on knowing where we were at all times. You'd think we were convicts in a prison.
She had to know who our friends were
And what we were doing with them. She insisted that if we said we
Would be gone for an hour, we would be gone for an hour or less.
We were ashamed to admit it,
But she had the nerve to break
The Child Labor Laws by making us work.
We had to wash the dishes, make the beds,
Learn to cook, vacuum the floor, do laundry,
Empty the trash and all sorts of cruel jobs.
I think she would lie awake at night
Thinking of more things for us to do.
She always insisted on us telling the truth,
The whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
By the time we were teenagers,
She could read our minds
And had eyes in the back of her head.
Then, life was really tough!
Mother wouldn't let our friends just honk
The horn when they drove up
They had to come up to the door
So she could meet them.
While everyone else could date
When they were 12 or 13,
We had to wait until we were 16.
Because of our mother we missed out
On lots of things other kids experienced.
None of us have ever
Been caught shoplifting, vandalizing other's
Property or ever arrested for any crime.
It was all her fault.
Now that we have left home, we are all educated, honest adults.
We are doing our best to be mean parents just like Mom was.
I think that is what's wrong with the world today.
It just doesn't have enough mean moms !!!
So, the question is, are you a mean mom? I know I am. And my mom definitely was, thank God. Thanks to my sister, Rhonda, for sending me this email. She is also a mean mom (hey, we learn from the best!)
9 comments:
Yes I am a mean mom, I have very strict rules and not followed you will be punished. I can't beleive how some of the kids act these days. On my sons friend my space page now this kid is 13 and he says it sucks being single, 13 can you explan that to me 13 what does he know about being single. Some of his friend where we use to live can run the street wild, not my son and he know to not even ask. Good Job and you are rigth not enough mean moms.
Oh, I am so a mean mom.
I'm glad I'm in good company! I am SO the mean mom!
As I read this I was "making" my daughter hang up her clean clothes from the laundry basket. She was crying and telling me that "this is not FUN!"
I also put both of my boys in 2 time-outs yesterday for sassing me. I will NOT tolerate sassing.
I am getting ready to enforce the "clean up the mess you made" rule now. I feel more time-outs in the boys' future.
I don't allow treats every day and all my kids drink are allowed to drink at home are milk and water.
Am I a mean mom? I sure hope so!
I'm about as evil as they come. They don't make them more mean than me. I actually make my kids go without dinner if they don't eat what I cook. Can you imagine? I don't fix them pop tarts if they don't like brussel sprouts. (Thankfully, all three of my kids actually like brussel sprouts.)
My mom didn't let me wear makeup in 6th grade. That made her, by far, the strictest (is that a word?) mom ever. I actually snuck makeup to school and put it on in the bathroom, then before I went home I would go back to the school bathroom and wash it off....:) I'm sure my paybacks are en route.
I am a mean mom trying to follow in my mean mom's footsteps and I will remain a mean mom until my kids are mean moms too! Here is to mean moms around the glode, God love us all!!!
I had a mean mom and I am a mean mom. Would have it any other way!
Heather, I tagged you. Come see my blog for more info.
i am def a mean mom. my mom, also a mean mom. love it!
Post a Comment