Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Goodbye, summer!

I know, I know, it's still only August. But last Sunday was our before-school-starts swim party at Becky's mom's pool, and it sure felt like a farewell to summer party. Becky and I are so ready for our kids to start school so we can get back into our workout routine we had before summer break. Having seven kids between the two of us makes it quite a challenge to get to the YMCA three times a week...most times we were lucky to make it twice. And man, did we eat! After Labor Day, it's time to buckle down and get to sweatin' (which I hate, really). But I am determined to get a new bikini next summer, and have it look better than the one I have on in these pics.


I love the way this picture turned out. Becky and I are planning our 1 year "anniversary" next month. No kids, no husbands, good food, and some sort of alcohol...those are Becky's rules, and they sound great to me. I can't believe it's only been a year (I'm pretty sure we were BFF in another life, too).



The weather was a little cooler than usual, so if the kids' lips look a little blue, that's why.

Becky's oldest son, Jake, showing Elijah how to "surf". He did a pretty awesome job!


Summer was adorable, as always. We even became "slobber sisters", when she shared her already-sucked-on cheese cracker with me. Of course, Becky got a picture of that one (can't wait to see it...I'm sure the look on my face is priceless).



My hot hubby, sucking it in for the camera. He and Mike get along so well; I love that.


Elijah in all of his goggle glory...look at those ribs! Jeez!

Gabe and Mike both had a great time with these flippers...I love these pics!


I wanted to post a picture of Isabel, and I couldn't figure out a good way to crop this one, so watch your eyes. It's a bit scary. I should put a warning label on this post. Just remember, I will be in better shape by next summer. Absolutely.





Have you recovered yet?
Good.
Becky and Mike, thank you so much for including our family on this outing. We all had a great time, despite the chilly weather. Elijah's favorite was definitely the night swimming! I love how our families get along so well...makes it that much easier to be friends.







6 comments:

BBB said...

What a FUN day... and I have to admit, I'm jealous that you have such a wonderful BFF... I have BFF's but the cloest one is like 600 miles away....

Melissa said...

You look 10 gazillion time better than I would! I rarely post pics of myself on my blog. I will be soon. We took some of the first day of school that will be up tomorrow.
I love that pool. I wish we had one. I'm a little covetous. Sorry.

Jen said...

I am not ready to say good bye to summer, yes I am, no I'm not, yes I am. I may have some issues to work out here.

WheresMyAngels said...

Look at you looking all sexy in your bikini. I remember wearing one when I was like...um...no i never could wear one :(

Lula! said...

You are smokin' hot. For real. And, hello...3 kids & a bikini? You are my hero.

Tiffany said...

First of all, you look great! And, I do not have a single swimming picture of my son without goggles on!