My father in law is home, still having some heart issues but getting better. Thank you all so much for your prayers, your thoughts and your support.
My first English paper was due last week. Word on the street is that this professor does not give good grades very often. I was happy to settle for a B. I got a 95. A bright spot in the middle of a very difficult week.
A couple of weeks ago, I had the stomach flu, along with the kiddos. I had to call off work due to my fever and um, bowel issues. When I went back to work that next Sunday, still not feeling great, my co-worker gave me a hard time and acted like a total bee-yatch about my ill call. I am still upset about it. Trying hard not to be, but I can't stand when people talk about me behind my back...
I am knee-deep in household chores after this crazy week. We are leaving soon for a much-needed escape, and I have a million things to do. Trying hard to not be overwhelmed.
Tomorrow is my 37th birthday. Funny how birthdays used to be such a big deal, and now they are really just another day. In my head, I'm still 35 (although some days my body feels 105, if you know what I mean).
Isabel ran the practice 5K race yesterday in under 24 minutes. That's less than 8 minutes per mile. The girl amazes me. I need to find her a faster running buddy for the real race. My best time is a 9-minute mile.
Clearly, I'm rambling. Thanks for listening. Or reading, as the case may be. Now I need to go catch the dishes that are trying to climb out of the sink...
8 comments:
So glad to hear about your father-in-law! Here's hoping for continued improvement!
Your coworker sounds like one of those people that is always looking for something or someone to complain about. I have to believe that people like that lose out in the end because who really wants to be around that kind of thing?
Isabel is so awesome. And not just because she can run an 8 minute mile, but that is an fantastic thing! I'm not going to tell you what my average is. Sigh.
Rambling is good for the soul!
I'm glad your father-in-law is better. Prayers still coming to you.
I wish adults would be adults. Why do people have to worry about others instead of taking care of themselves? Your coworker sounds like no one you want to know. :-(
Hope everything is calm until you get to take your break.
So glad your father-in-law is doing better, and I'm praying that he continues to mend and heal.
I would ask the co-worker if perhaps next time she would like you to bring in some proof of illness... say in a ziploc?
Wow... what a runner! You have every right to be proud of that girl!!
And Happy Almost birthday!!! Whipper snapper!
Happy Birthday sweet girl!!
Enjoy your trip!!!
Shall I go to the hospital and show that girl what-for (Chicago style??) LOL
Quite enjoyed the ramblings, except hearing that your co-worker was a B.
Let's focus on that 95! And the recovering father-in-law! And the super speedy sweet girl! And the getaway (minus the packing)!
And the birthday!
So thankful for the good news about your father in law. And what did that woman want you to do? Bring a virus to a HOSPITAL? Nice.
Happy 37! Me too! Though I forgot the other day and called myself 38 -- What?
Hope you are having an awesome time on vacation!
Lunch or something when you get back. For real.
UGHGHGHG... all the time away from the computer this week - I missed your birthday!!!!
Hope it was wonderful!!!!!
Ramble on girl!
37 is nothing....I wish I was 37 again!
I can't wait to hear & see pics about your "escape"!! ;)
I hate bee-yotch-y (ok, you know what I mean by that) co-workers!!!
Post a Comment