In October, Joe and I will celebrate our 15 year anniversary (wow!).
For our 10 year anni, I had really wanted a diamond anniversary band. After looking at the prices, however, I decided I'd rather have a vacation with my man. We celebrated with a 7-day Mexican cruise, which was incredibly romantic and awesome and everything I had dreamed.
This year, we need to plan on a slightly smaller scale. With Joe starting his own business, and me in school, time (and money) are precious commodities.
Our main requirement is a nice place on a warm beach.
We can't decide between Florida:
Southern California:
or the Caribbean...
October is hurricane season, so that is a factor. We can only spare four nights, so that's a factor, too. Joe would love an all-inclusive place, but there aren't many of those in the U.S.
What about you? Do you plan big trips for big anniversaries? Which would you pick? Any suggestions, blog friends?


11 comments:
How about a four-day cruise? During October, you can probably get some great deals. Or Florida also will have great discounts at that time. Just make sure you have a lenient cancellation policy in case of hurricanes.
For our 30th (!) anniversary coming up this May, I had planned a trip, but it just so happens that is also Mother's Day week (I hate to be away from my children and my mother on that day,) and the week my daughter will graduate with her master's degree. AND we had tentatively planned a combo grad party/baby shower for her, so I think our anniversary trip is OUT!
We don't usually do anything big for our anniversary but 15 will be next year for us. I'd like to do something to celebrate that one since it seems like such a milestone.
I can see why you're having a hard time choosing b/c all of those spots are GORGEOUS!
We've always said we're going to Hawaii for our 10th (next year). But the bigger question is, who's going to have the energy to plan the trip?? =>
Oh wow. I'm definitely not the one to ask since I have not traveled anywhere.
BUT, in March 2012, Bryon and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary and we are going to Las Vegas. NOT to gamble (we don't do that) but just fun the fun factor.
What about Naples Florida???
Just FYI - the beach in October in San Diego won't be particularly warm...
15 years. Congratulations! That's a wonderful thing. I definitely think big anniversaries are important to celebrate. Marriage is work, you deserve something extra for milestones.
I would try the Caribbean. They are always having really great specials there and the beaches can't be beat. How exciting! Can't wait to hear about it!
15 years is such a milestone! Woo hoo to you two! I don't think you guys can go wrong with your destination as long as it is: not in Ohio and just the two of you. Not that there's anything wrong with Ohio.
At our five year, we had a month-old baby so needless to say, we did not take a big trip. We were visiting my parents though so we had a "big night out" at the Bravo at Union Centre, where we ran into a high school friend of mine who thought I was still pregnant. Good times.
It will be 10 years in 2013 and I think we'll go to Hawaii or maybe somewhere in Southern California.
We have yet to take a trip for an anniversary, as we've always had babies so far, but we do usually do a nice dinner out.
J. and I did St. John in the US Virgin Islands for our honeymoon and are hoping to return for our 10 year (2014!)/ We adored it there, and it is NOT far to fly. More all inclusives on St. Thomas, but St. John is secluded, not built up, and gorgeous. That may even be it in that photo you have there -- Trunk Bay is one of the most famous beaches in the Caribbean.
I also LOVE Northern California, (San Fransisco and wine country) and really want to go back.
Shane and I wanted to take a cruise for our 10th anni, since neither of us had never been on one before.
Umm... that was 3 years ago. We never got around to doing anything for our 10th. Still have yet to take a cruise, too.
Maybe we can do one for our 15th.
If it were me, I'd stick to the eastern half of the country... since you only have a short amount of time.
Hubby & I will celebrate 15 yrs in Novemeber! Congrats to you guys!
For the first time, we're planning a couple of weekends away this year. Mostly to B&B's in the North Carolina mountains and Georgia mountains, but if the budget were bigger, we would head to Hilton Head or somewhere on the Florida Atlantic coast. He loves the beach and I love to see how happy it makes him.
We went to Key West for our 18th for two days. That was the biggest anniversary trip we have taken thus far. It was beautiful & romantic.
We went to San Diego in 2007 and LOVED it. Is was a nice change since we vacation in Destin, Florida every summer. It was in March though...and it wasn't warm enough for me to lay on the beach.
Post a Comment