Now that the snow has melted and the temperatures are above frigid, I can look at these pictures fondly and remember what fun Gabe and I had while we were snowbound for a couple of days.
Gabe was quite sad to be left out when Elijah and Isabel were picked up and taken to a friend's house to spend the snowdays doing big-kid stuff. To help ease the pain, I let him spread blankets all over the living room floor and leave them out for two days (luckily, God eased my own OCD pain to allow this to happen).
Elijah used to be a big fan of toy figures, of any kind. Spiderman, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, and especially Star Wars. Gabe has always preferred Legos and Hot Wheels, but the figures won out this time.
He played for hours on his own, with occasional help from me ("make this one stand up, Mom").
Then we had the idea to build a battlescene for the Star Wars guys and have a big war:
Gabe's dream was to make a video and post it on Youtube, but we couldn't get the figures to move and talk on their own, much to his chagrin.
Made for some great pictures, though, and it was a good way to get through yet another set of snowdays during a very long and seemingly endless winter.




8 comments:
Funny you posted this. Thomas is a utube junkie and has asked for a video camera so that he can do stop motion videos with his legos.
Looks like a great battle! Love the beheaded figures!
Looks like the Force prevailed and all is right with the universe again. =>
This is right up O's alley, though he usually uses animals and dinosaurs to create these scenes. Oh, and this week it's battle arenas for his zhu zhu hamster and imaginary pokemons(men?)
Just showed my Bub the battle scene. I told him this what mommy's friend's little boy did with his Star Wars guys. He says, "HE has Star Wars guys?!" Seems he thought we had the only set . . .
He's asked me to leave the post up so he can show Daddy.
Looks like a cozy day for you and Gabe. Good mama for leaving those blankets down!
Very cool! I can totally see Gabe producing a really cool video for Youtube sooner than later!
While my kids missed a week of school, last month thanks to snow, they completely destroyed our house, but it was totally worth it. I love it that they can play independently and use those active imaginations to create elaborate stories and playscapes with their toys.
That's awesome! I love the battle scene. : )
Wonderful memories!
I'm sorry, I'm still stuck on the "played for hours by himself" part. What's that like?
Post a Comment