is old enough (and brave enough) to jump off of the high dive at the Y.
has been asked to play for two different clubs this fall, baseball and basketball. He is over the moon; these are his two favorite sports.
is officially a pre-teen, with the pimples to prove it.
starts junior high school in less than two weeks, and isn't even nervous about it (I'm the one having anxiety nightmares about not being able to find my locker).
amazes me with his sense of humor, his great relationships with both his baby brother and his Mamaw Kay, and his ability to stay cool in stressful situations.
God bless this almost-not-a-boy-anymore of mine. Elijah, you are one in a million!

9 comments:
Mom of an almost-teen! My sister's oldest will be 13 in September and she's crazed about it. :)
He's much braver than I am. I would NEVER jump off the high dive!
The start of Jr-high... such a fun time! Sounds like he's got all the skills to tackle it.. so dont worry momma! You've got yourself a good boy there... no worries! :)
I'm right behind you!!!!! It's hard to believe how fast the time flies by!!!!
Awwww... he's such a great kid. Clearly the product of great parents.
BTW - Essie made a friend yesterday - a boy named Gabe. Guess who I thought of first when she said that!!!
Middle school! Oh, they grow up so fast! And I can tell you're such a proud, loving mama. =>
Ah middle school. Some of my best memories, and my worst, are from that time. How exciting to experience it from the other side. He's going to rock it!
Hope my little rugrats turn out just as calm and sweet and confident as your almost-not-a-boy anymore sounds!
Awesome Cool!!
You do got yourself some GREAT kiddo's for sure.
Glad I'm not the only one that has anxiety nightmares for their kids.
We had a fun texting conversation during the reds game the other night. You know, fight night.
Post a Comment