Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It could be a long year.


Conversation with Gabe, after his kindergarten evaluation this morning...

Gabe:  I'm not gonna go to kindergarten.

Me:  What?!  Why not?

Gabe:  'Cause I'm just gonna get sent to the principal's office.

Me:  Why?

Gabe:  For saying potty words.  I just know it.

Me:  Well, then, don't say potty words at school.

Gabe:  I just can't help it!

Oh, dear Lord, please help the three of us (Gabe, myself, and his sweet lovely kindergarten teacher who has yet to be chosen) make it through this school year without too many trips to the principal's office!

10 comments:

stephanie said...

oh my, i love this.

he's going places, that gabe.

(big, important, world changing places... not just the principals office.)

Shelley said...

I love that kid!!!!!

Suzann said...

Gotta love Gabe!

Rebecca Jo said...

At least he's giving you fair warning! :)

Brandy said...

You might want to start stocking up on apples now! LOL!

Michelle said...

Told ya that solar system comment will get him in trouble. He knows it too. hahahahahahahahahaha

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

This had me laughing so hard. They say yo always have one child who will give you gray hair...I think Gabe is yours!

Melissa said...

And the first time he comes home with a note regarding this, you are going to have to leave the room so you can avoid peeing in your pants right in front of him. He is going to be a comedian. He and Emily could go on the road together. Do you think they are too young for America's Got Talent?

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

Potty comments or not, all he would have to do is flash her a smile, and she will be smitten! He's SUCH a handsome boy!

CaraBee said...

That Gabe is such a great kid! I have no doubt his kindergarten teacher will love him, even if they are sending him to the principal's office for saying potty words. :)