Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer!

It's the last day of school, and summer plans are in the making.

I usually have the kids make a list of the top 5 things they want to do over summer break, but this year, they fought me and didn't want to do it (it feels like a chore, Mom).  So instead, I am putting a list up on the fridge, and when any of us comes up with a good idea, we will write it on the list and try to do it before school starts again in August.

A few things I know that we will be doing...

Spending lots of time here, riding rides and swimming and people-watching and eating:

King's Island in Mason, OH (seven minutes away!)
 Enjoying summer drinks on our new pergola, enjoying our garden and time with friends and family:

Grapefruit margaritas...yum!
Watching Elijah play baseball, attending a few Reds games, grilling out, hiking, reading lots of books, planning our October cruise, working (no time off  for the parents...bummer), and just enjoying a break from the routine of packing lunches/overseeing homework/waking up early and enforcing bedtime.

Summer break, bring it on!

What are your plans this summer?  Vacations?  Good book suggestions?  A new summer drink?

2 comments:

Ginger Mohr said...

Hope to see you up at KI, we'll be there.

Shannon said...

Summer plans include a trip to the Gulf and possibly a trip to NYC/Long Island.

With your love of the Outlander series, I think you'd really like The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley.