At twenty-four years old, I became a mom for the first time to a sweet boy, Elijah.
Eighteen months later, Isabel joined the scene.
Four years after that, Gabe made his entrance.
Life was pretty hectic for awhile. Working night shift, not getting much sleep, coordinating our schedules which meant not having much time together for Joe and me...I loved those babies like crazy, but it was hard and exhausting work.
Fast forward eight years. We have a sports-tastic teenager, a fashionista preteen, and a rambunctious little brother. I still work nights, but only part-time. We no longer need a babysitter. We can go to the adult section of Kings Island together as a family and all have a great time.
They're smart, they're kind (most of the time), they're funny, and they are just plain good kids.
Joe and I have survived the baby season, the crazy toddler season, the just-starting-school season...and now we're entering the nearly-independent-but-still-need-parenting season...and we love it!
What season of life are you in? Any favorites? Advice on surviving the difficult seasons? On making the most of the best seasons?

3 comments:
Heather, you have a beautiful family. I pray blessings on you and them.
There's always seasons to come... the 'leaving' seasons.. the 'adult' seasons... the GRANDBABIES season (that's a fun one!!!!)
just enjoy every bit of it...
that picture of your family is beautiful!!!
I'm at the no sippy cup needed, leave the house with just your purse and keys, see the potential future friend in your kid yet still want to flick their ear for being sassy but if I blink they'll be gone stage.
Post a Comment