Saturday, February 4, 2012

Run, Forrest, run!

I (finally) got a pedometer this week.

My hospital is sponsoring an incentive to earn money for the amount of activity you log by the end of 2012.  The goal is 7000 steps per day.  I can earn up to $500 if I consistently log my steps and other exercising onto their website.

Today, I proudly posted my goal on Facebook, to hold myself more accountable.

When I received a bunch of comments almost immediately, I felt so encouraged.

Til I read them a bit closer...

"7000 miles per day! Are you an airplane???"

and

Is that Heather Kelsey or Forrest Gump?"

Rather than type 7000 steps as my daily goal, I typed 7000 "miles".

I am still laughing to myself!


Do you own a pedometer?  Could you walk 7000 steps a day?  What about 7000 miles?

4 comments:

Ginger Mohr said...

I can't wait to get mine! Anxious to hear how many steps you take each day ;) with training for that 15K it shouldn't be any problem.

Angie's Spot said...

I should really check into getting a pedometer. Do you recommend the one you got? Can you tell me a little about it? I had a cheap one a few years ago, but I didn't feel like it really did it's job. Good luck with your challenge!

Rebecca Jo said...

I had seen that & totally laughed :)

I try to get 10,000 steps a day myself. They say 10,000 steps is the same as loosing one pound :)

Anonymous said...

I read it and didn't even notice! I remember thinking 7,000 seemed like a lot but didn't even register the next word. Probably because the baby was trying to climb on my desk again ... At least that's the excuse I'm going with.