Monday, December 12, 2011

Cookies and then some...

Holiday traditions are the best, especially when they involve daughters and sisters and baked goods and homemade Chex mix.  Throw in a couple of novice photographers, and you have a well-preserved cookie-baking day!

The three bakers.

Cream cheese cut-outs, chocolate chip with whole wheat flour, chocolate-covered toffee.  YUM.


Isabel helping me roll out dough...a comical moment, for sure!

Me and my new baby, er, I mean camera :)
Elijah and Joe spent the day enjoying their Christmas present:  tickets to the Bengals/Texans game.  Gabe was our official taster and decorator, but really he kept busy building forts and Lego cities in the living room.  By the end of the afternoon, Isabel was passed out on my bed, and I was stuffed full of all the samples from each new batch :)

I'm not sharing my Chex mix, but I may let you try the toffee.  It was Kay's favorite :)

4 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

what a fun time to spend with the ladies of the family :)

aaahhh... there's your new little precious ... the camera :)

Shannon said...

Oh, I so need to do this with my girls and sister!

mep said...

Cream cheese cut outs? I need that recipe (not in any hurry though, not a chance I'll get to baking this holiday season!) Sounds like a perfect afternoon!

CaraBee said...

How fun! I miss doing this kind of thing with my sisters. I hosted a cookie exchange last week and Sophie helped, sorta, in the making of my cookies. I definitely look forward to years to come when we can really get into the business of making cookies.