Friday, September 2, 2011

Why I love Ohio


Could you ask for a better weather forecast to usher in September?

Seriously, this is why I love Ohio.  Some days in the 90s to get you good and hot and tired of summer; followed by a good thunderstorm (and hopefully rain) which will bring those gorgeous fall-like days in the 70s (perfect for the planting of my mums, by the way).

Joe and I were discussing our "dream retirement location" yesterday...but I have to say the changing of the seasons of our current home are hard to beat.

What's the weather like where you are?  What's your dream retirement location?

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Just gotta get through the next 2 days - its 101 here today in Louisville - CRAZY!!!!!

Becky said...

Yes...I am waiting for those seventies! YAY! Taking the kids today to moms to swim while in the 90's though for a last summer swim.

Although who am I kidding. It will probably be 90 again :) You never know in Ohio. It isn't safe until deep until October before you can think it is cool for real!

I want to move so badly I can taste it. Somewhere with no humidity. If there is humidity, than beach. We are still looking for that perfect spot. Boy last winter did me in. Way too long and cold. We will have fun looking though for that "perfect" spot while we save :)

brainella said...

I think 72 is the perfect temperature. I'd like a continuous fall climate for about 5 months, snow for about six weeks, springish temps for about 4 months and summer the rest of the year just to appreciate it NOT being hotter than the inner core of hell. :)