Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Recent Gabe-isms...

(Don't even ask...secret agent, maybe?)

You all know this boy cracks me up on a daily basis, right?  Really, he keeps the whole family in stitches, except when he's getting into their stuff, but that's another post.

The past couple of days, Gabe has been struggling with a cold/allergies/lots-of-snot virus.  Yesterday, he told me we were "gonna need to cancel school" since he was "so sick".  (Didn't work; I made him go.)  Today, he balked a little at getting on the bus.  He looked at me and asked, "do I have to go to school FOREVER?  even in Heaven?!".  (I reassured him that Heaven school would be awesome, if there is one.)

Gabe loves to take pictures with my digital camera.  This morning he took one of me in scary-momma-form (you know, crazy hair/no-makeup/t-shirt-and-sweatpants).  When we were marveling over his awesome photography skills, we came to that picture.  I said, "oh my, that's a scary one", to which he replied, "I think you look beautiful, Mommy".  Melt.My.Heart.

Lately, he has been obsessed with the weather.  Watching Stormchasers on Netflix, reading books about tornadoes/thunderstorms/floods from the library; you name it.  At least every other day, he asks me, "Aren't you glad we don't live in Tornado Alley, Mom?  Aren't you?  Wonder what Tornado Alley looks like..."  (I know he is picturing a town where tornadoes are constantly swirling in the sky!).

Most of the time, Gabe loves his big brother.  But sometimes, when Elijah is aggravating the crap out of him, he will shout "Wijah, you're such a Woser!"  (He can't say his "L" sounds well...).  Then it really ticks him off when we laugh, but we just can't help it!

Honestly, I could go on and on, but I'll save some for a later post.  Gabe-posts always seem to bring a smile to everyone's faces :)


12 comments:

mep said...

"Wijah, you're such a Woser!" That makes me smile and my heart melted on your behalf hearing about how beautiful you look in scary momma mode.

School will have to close if ever is actually sick though, right? How could they all go on without him for a day?

Shelley said...

Well, tell him he would make an AWESOME Elmer Fud, you know, hunting bunny wabbits??

Suzann said...

Well, my day has now started out right - thanks!!

Suzann said...

So, will you be keeping it real and sharing that photo of yourself??

E... said...

My O. and Gabe would get along, I think. His new favorite hobby is taking artsy photos with my camera, and videos with my mini-digital camera. He always knows just how to frame my gigantic baby belly.

Rebecca Jo said...

Wow... school in Heaven... he is thinking its going to last FOREVER!!! :)

I love the things this little dude says!!! You've got a reason to smile daily, dont you?

Melissa said...

Gabe and Emmy are so gonna be friends someday. We are gonna have to make that happen. Her Emmy-ism du jour is "Girl or Boy". By that I mean that she addresses everyone as that. For example, "Where we goin', Girl?" "I said I wanted a hamburger, boy!"
I'm running out of soap.....:)

Buckeye Mom said...

Owen, my 5 year old, tells me he "loves me so much he wants to marry" me. That one melts my heart too! Those boys have a way with their Moms.

Anonymous said...

We're having a case of the serious snotties over here, too. Ugh! Maybe we need a Gabe-like secret agent outfit to combat the germs ... =>

BBB said...

Um. Yeah. We're gonna need to see that picture.

brainella said...

That picture reminds me of Will Smith in Men in Black.

Beth is right...we need to see the picture.

CaraBee said...

Gabe is such a character!

As someone who grew up in Tornado Alley, I won't disappoint Gabe by telling him that many people spend their whole lives there and never see a tornado. I have, though, so he'd probably think I'm cool. :)