Friday, September 3, 2010

A good husband is...

one who helps coach every single sport his children play...



one who loves to hang out with his wife's friends, and even make them his own...



one who isn't threatened by his wife's love of two other men (or even Armando, her beloved Acapulco-an waiter)...



one who is an amazing dad to his children...



one who still wants to go on getaway weekends with said wife, and knows how to have a good time while there ;)...


My husband is that husband and more.  He tolerates my bad moods and knows how to calm me when I'm stressed.  He is even-keeled and never fusses if the dishes are dirty or the house is a mess.  He knows how to cut down a tree with a rope and a chainsaw (smile if you read that Facebook status).  He cheers me on when I get A's in BOTH chemistry and genetics!  And he makes sure we never doubt his devotion to our family.  Not only is he a good husband, he is a great one!

7 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

...AND, he's always smiling... always!!! :) What a good husband!

OK - so I dont have you as a Facebook friend!!! GASP - you gotta find me... I dont want to miss out on great Facebook statuses (is that a word?) :)

BBB said...

Awwwww... he's such a great guy!! You're a lucky girl... (and he's a lucky guy!!!)

Suzann said...

Awwwwww!!! Cup O' Joe - you da man.

Your waiter is Armando? I had Fernando (and yes we sang to him) bwahahahaha!

You do got u a good man there sweetie. But he do got him quite a woman.

(I'm in a strange mood today - can ya tell)

CaraBee said...

Aw, I'll bet Joe smiled all day after reading this post! So sweet! You are both so lucky to have each other. Two truly wonderful people!

brainella said...

So very sweet. What a wonderful post...I'm sure Joe thinks so too!

mep said...

Sounds like you picked an awesome guy to be your team mate for life! Good work!

stephanie said...

this is so sweet! someone who not only loves his wife and kids, but is involved in their lives.

and... understands a little vampire obsession.

you guys are cute together. (and i'm not talking about edward...)

:)