Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's time!

We had so much fun last fall, we're doing it again this year.


These two great friends of mine, Diane and Monica, along with three other awesome women, are coaching another Girls on the Run group, this time composed of 15 fifth grade girls.



Isabel and her girlfriends are just as excited!  We'll be meeting two days a week for ten weeks, helping these 10 and 11 year old girls to learn self-confidence, healthy living, and the power of feeling good in your own skin.  Oh, and we'll also be doing a lot of this:



And I'm sure at the end of the race, I'll be doing this again...




Shedding tears of pride for my incredible daughter, who is becoming an amazing young woman right before my very eyes.

Here's to another great season of GOTR!  If you're interested, check out www.gotrcincinnati.org , especially the GOTR video on the sidebar.  Guaranteed to inspire!

5 comments:

CaraBee said...

I think this is just the most wonderful program. It's so awesome that Isabel is into taking part in it with you. Have fun!

Rebecca Jo said...

I STILL love that picture... the smile on your face as you see her cross the finish line & the joy on Isabel's face with those arms spread wide... awesome!!!

BBB said...

That's so awesome!!! I just love that you do that.

I so very much... wouldn't.

Cause running... eh... not so much.

Can we learn self-confidence and healthy living and feeling good through say.... Wii Mario Kart??? ;)

Suzann said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm beyond jealous. I'm really GREEN with envy.

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

I love the concept of Girls on the Run, and ADORE the picture of you and your daughter