Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Food Jags

All three of my kids have gone through a food jag or two, but Elijah is the King of the Food Jag.

For his entire year of kindergarten, he ate Eggo pancakes for breakfast every.single.morning.

Then in first grade, it was black forest ham (plain, no bread) for lunch every.single.day.

Once he got to fifth grade, he wanted to start buying lunch.  Progress, I thought!  When asked what he was buying, he answered "chicken sandwich" (you got it:  every.single.lunch).

I have always lived by the advice not to make my kids' diet an issue, as long as they are eating a variety of things in a week.  Elijah does eat a lot of fruits and some vegetables, so I don't worry too much.  But I'm telling you, if I have to make another pack of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast (his current jag), I may just scream...

Do your kids go on food jags?  What's the oddest jag they've ever been on?  Do you like Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls?

7 comments:

brainella said...

Dominic only wanted Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for about six months. He's pretty varied now.

The only time I HAD to HAVE the same thing over and over again was when I was pregnant. Only wanted orange juice, mashed potatoes and salsa. Husband was so sick of Mexican food after I gave birth... :)

CaraBee said...

I wish Sophie would go on a food jag. There is never any telling what that kid is going to eat. I throw away so much food. After saying "YES!" when asked if she wants it, she won't touch it. Frustration, thy name is Cara.

Suzann said...

French.Toast.Sticks.

Rebecca Jo said...

I personally LIVE on a Food jag... Seriously, I get on food kicks & that's ALL I eat... right now, I'm on a Pretzel with Mustard kick for a snack - & for lunch, a pimento cheese sandwich on wheat...I cant even tell you how long this jag has been going on!!! its been that long!!!

But I'm also the person who like eats all of one thing on my plate before I go to something else too... I know - I'm weird! :)

mep said...

My kids don't eat a huge variety of foods, but they are good eaters within their narrow range. There are days though when I think I'd rather crack my head open than microwave another set of nuggets.

I'm more prone to food jags than they are. During my first pregnancy, I ate BLTs breakfast, lunch, and dinner for five days straight. I also had a long, long jag of eating multiple Lean Cuisine pizzas a day.

As for Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls, of course I like them. Of course!!!!!!

Also, laughing at Brainella's comment because my boys do love them some Hawaiian rolls. They just ate some after lunch for a "snack" today.

Shelley said...

I love Pilsbury Cinnamon Rolls. But I don't think I could do them every day.
My daughter is like that a lot. She will eat only Oscar Meyer sliced turkey for lunch. No bread. She likes to have a few pringles each afternoon for her snack. And she likes to eat mini pancakes and bacon every morning that I can force her to eat breakfast.

Shannon said...

Do I like Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls?

Is the Pope Catholic?!


Michaela is my picky eater. She would eat mac & cheese every day, for every meal, if we'd let her. That, or cereal.