I am not the ultra-cool hip chick that you all think I am.
(Oh, you didn't think that? Well, keep that to yourself then, would you? Thanks.)
Although I do own some great push-up bras and hot cleavage-baring shirts, most of the time I'm in a plain shirt and a pair of comfy jeans (sometimes even yoga pants).
If given the choice to go out for a night on the town, or sit at home with a bowl of popcorn and a Mike's Hard Lemonade...I'll choose home nine times out of ten.
When deciding on my theme for the year of 2010 back in January, I chose "frugality". (Note: I will never choose this one again...frugality sucks; 2011 can't come soon enough).
During my two hours of daily free time, when all the kids are in school and I could do anything I want to do, I choose making cards in my scrap room over a pedicure or shopping trip every single time. Sitting downstairs, creating cards for fall or Christmas, listening to some of my dad's favorite CD's that my mom just gave to me...this is MY happy place.
I got A's in both Organic Chemistry and Genetics, and made the Dean's List this quarter. (Told you I was a geek.)
I rarely watch TV anymore, since Lost ended and Glee has not yet begun (anybody know when the season starts?). The local librarians know me by name; I'd rather read a book than watch reality television any day of the week.
My ten-year-old daughter has better fashion sense than me.
There, now I've burst your bubble. Can we still be friends? Do you have any confessions to make, or are you Joe Cool personified? Do you want to receive a handmade Christmas card from a confessed geek like me?
If given the choice to go out for a night on the town, or sit at home with a bowl of popcorn and a Mike's Hard Lemonade...I'll choose home nine times out of ten.
When deciding on my theme for the year of 2010 back in January, I chose "frugality". (Note: I will never choose this one again...frugality sucks; 2011 can't come soon enough).
During my two hours of daily free time, when all the kids are in school and I could do anything I want to do, I choose making cards in my scrap room over a pedicure or shopping trip every single time. Sitting downstairs, creating cards for fall or Christmas, listening to some of my dad's favorite CD's that my mom just gave to me...this is MY happy place.
I got A's in both Organic Chemistry and Genetics, and made the Dean's List this quarter. (Told you I was a geek.)
I rarely watch TV anymore, since Lost ended and Glee has not yet begun (anybody know when the season starts?). The local librarians know me by name; I'd rather read a book than watch reality television any day of the week.
My ten-year-old daughter has better fashion sense than me.
There, now I've burst your bubble. Can we still be friends? Do you have any confessions to make, or are you Joe Cool personified? Do you want to receive a handmade Christmas card from a confessed geek like me?

13 comments:
Pffft!!!! You met me, I'm as uncool as they come.
I'm with you on the reading thing. Love, love, love to read. I am a homebody as well. I just don't want to go out all that much. I imagine, after all your work, and the people you come into contact with, you just wanna soak up some sanity time in your home.
I still think you're ultra-hip and all that jazz...
Heather, You are not a geek, or whatever else you may think you are. You are truly a great person with high expectations of yourself and your family. You make awesome cards i might add! And you have your own way of doing whatever you want to do. That is what makes you, HEATHER! And there is nothing wrong with wearing comfy clothes and sitting at home, trust me i'd rather do the same thing!!
My confession is that i'd rather sit at home with my husband, have friends over for drinks, and just hang out. (OK that was before i got pregnant!) But now once Carter gets here i'm sure i'm going to rather sit at home than go out and party. I can say even though i'm not a mom yet, i have changed a lot in the last 9 months. I have a different outlook on life and nothing is going to come in the middle of how i want to do things and how i view things!
And this is EXACTLY why we could be besties. Really!!
In fact, DH and I were just talking about this over the weekend. Yup, I'm a geek and I'm proud. I'm in great company. But, there was a time...
Nah, let's just leave those things where they belong. Don't wanna scare you (or anyone else).
You are awesome!
So you get good grades and like to read...that makes me a geek, too!! lol! I rarely watch TV and when I do, it The Housewives! Yep. Talk about cleavage and push up bras! ;-D
xoxo
Jane
My first comment has something whonky happen... urgh!!!
Let me see if I can remember what I said....
First - Glee starts in 2 weeks!!! Counting down!!!
But girl - you are the coolest of the cool! Someone who takes the time to make such amazing cards that have such beautiful handiwork in them is awesome... someone who uses their imagination in books instead of watching the desperation of reality show people... & for someone who can find happiness in their house - that's the coolest of all - contentment!
I want to be cool like YOU! :)
I'm a homebody too. I'd rather be at home reading or just hanging out. I find that going out costs money. LOL! Guess that part was good for your frugality this year right?!
Glee = Sept 21!! OH YEAH!
I'm a homebody too. I'd rather be at home reading or just hanging out. I find that going out costs money. LOL! Guess that part was good for your frugality this year right?!
Glee = Sept 21!! OH YEAH!
I think you're pretty dang cool. Great mom, great wife, great student, and GREAT friend.
My confession... I play Mario Kart when my kids are gone.
I'm sitting here in a pair of yoga pants and an Old Navy day-glow Orange shirt. Very hip. Oh, and barefoot with toes that were painted a good four weeks ago. Very classy am I. :)
And to be honest, I was going to go clean off my craft table (my husband calls it my crap table) and make some Halloween and Thanksgiving cards. This is my vacation.
well, i for one, think you are pretty freaking awesome!
Geeks of the blog-o-sphere, unite! I'm elastic waist pants, reading books, and piddling around with projects.
Heck yeah I want a homemade holiday card.
Woo hoo on the Dean's List!!!!!!
If you're a geek, I'm a dork to end all dorks.
Nothing makes me happier than the idea of a fresh book from the library, or some plants to mess around with outside. And lately, the idea of a glass of wine on the couch sounds like the very best thing in the world that's been withheld for the last 10 months...
Post a Comment