Sunday, July 19, 2009

Whirlwind week

Anyone else getting the feeling of needing a vacation from your summer vacation?

This past week has been especially busy, with the overlap of two sports for Elijah, lots of work at the hospital for me, and preparations for a trip to visit a certain blogger and her sweet family next weekend...

Baseball season finished Saturday with Elijah being asked to play on our town's All-star team, along with his very best friend, Aaron. Gabe made a friend along the way; he and Tanner were a hysterical pair at the practices and the games, pretending to be baseball players themselves or finding the inevitable mud puddle to explore.

Boys...

(They were so excited to be "twins" in their matching library t-shirts!)



Elijah on the far left, Aaron second from the right. These boys have been best buddies for the past eight years, but were on opposing teams this season. Elijah's team was in second place, Aaron's in first this year, and both boys were chosen to be All-stars. I love that Elijah has such a great friend!


Although we didn't win the tournament, it was an exciting way to end the season. Here's a pic of Elijah making it to third base, with Aaron just behind him at second.

There were tears and frustration at losing such a big game, but they dried up quickly as we began the transition to...



Football season!

Elijah picked up his equipment and ran home to try it all on. He and Joe tossed the ball around for awhile, and the tears were forgotten.

Gabe went along for the ride for most of Elijah's sports; Isabel kept her nose in a book or stayed with friends and/or Mamaw Kay; and I lost my voice temporarily from all the cheering.

After being gone for most of the week, my house looks like this:


Guess what I'll be doing today?

What about you? Did you have a good weekend? Are your kids involved in sports? Are you in dire need of a housekeeper?

13 comments:

Jen said...

I can't imagine how busy my life is going to get when my kids want to be involved in sports. It bet it really does make life more crazy.

And if you call that a dirty house, then your should never, ever come to mine. ;)

Rebecca Jo said...

Football is the true sign of school getting ready to begin!

CaraBee said...

I'm with Jen, that's what my house looks like on a good day. Sigh. I need a housekeeper. Big time.

ChicagoLady said...

Football already? It never truly ends.

Congratulation to Elijah for making the all star team! Even if they didn't win, I bet it was fun playing in the game, especially with his best friend.

MarciaBrady said...

That's awesome he made the all-star team!! Gooo Elijah!!

Yeah...I worked all weekend. I AM sooo glad I'm off tomorrow! But, I have so much to do.

I definitely need a housekeeper and that's sad b/c you have three kids and I don't!! Thank God I'm on vacay the last week in July. I can't wait. I'm not going anywhere, but it'll be nice to be able to stay home and get some things done (I hope!).

Cammie said...

yes, this summer has been NUTS for us too! I left you a question on my blog if you want to weigh in!

Suzann said...

hey chicka - sounds like you've got your hands full!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Yes, I am waiting for Alice to come and clean my house - never gonna happen. I think our break from our summer break is nine months of school. But yes I need a break too!!!♥

HiHoOhio said...

I had a cool and relaxing weekend. We lit fires both Saturday and Sunday in the backyard fire pit and cooked and ate outside! What great weather in OHIO!

As for sports, not here!

As for a cleaning lady, I have one...she is on vacation and I have little fur-balls floating all around the house. Trying to chase them down!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I did have a good weekend. My kids do a lot of sports, but no real summer sports so that is great! I would love a house keeper. LOL! Loved your pics and love you post!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

The girls are on swim team. And tennis team. When ALTA starts in the fall, things get a little crazy. And Madalyn may be doing year round swimming...so that could get sticky, too. Being in two places at once is quite challenging!

And you should see our house. My housekeeper couldn't come last week...so when she comes this week, I am feeling the need to pay her extra for the disaster that is my house. And I look at all the PILES of crud around here...we need her coming so that we don't let those piles get out of hand!

The Wife O Riley said...

This being the "Summer of Becky", I have been busier than a one-armed paper hanger!!!

We're not so much into sports, but Matt is killing me with the roadtrips.

Shannon said...

In dire need of a housekeeper? Not really.

But if I could find someone who would be willing to fold laundry and put it away... now that is something I'd be willing to pay good money for. And I am so not kidding.