Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Little Things

Feeling grateful for so many things today...

Fresh tomatoes from my garden, along with basil that just happened to sprout up right next to them (perfect combination, huh?).


Reading a good book, relaxing on my patio, listening to the sound of my kids and their friends jumping on the trampoline and playing hide-n-seek in the backyard.

Enjoying this unseasonably cool weather we've been having (70's in July?!).

The good health of myself and my family.

Things we so often overlook and take for granted. Things we would most certainly grieve for and miss if they were gone. These things I am grateful for, among many others.

Truly, God is so good. Sometimes I just need to open my eyes and see that it is so.

(And then blog about it afterwards...)

13 comments:

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

So happy to hear that you had a wonderful day.

And yes, "G" is for Gabe!!

Melissa said...

Love the beautiful color pallette you chose for your new recipe book cover. Red and green...it's not just for Christmas anymore!
I love the sound of children having fun outside. It fills my heart with such a sense of joy! Next to kids laughing, it's my favorite thing.
Totally jealous that it's like 70 degrees where you are. I had to lower my thermostat today because I was sweating in my house....ridiculous!

Cammie said...

I love garden picked tomatoes!!
What are you reading?

Jen said...

What a great reminder! Thank you.

Kori said...

All the time He is good, for He is God.

I now want some tomato, basil mozzarella salad.

Rebecca Jo said...

So good to find gratitude in the small things!!!

I know.. can you believe this 70 degree weather!!! PRAISE THE LORD on that!!!

The Wife O Riley said...

You are truly blessed.

Jamie said...

Love to read posts like this. Thank you I can always use this reminder!!!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I love your constantancy in appreciating the good things in life. I so need it today, my friend. It seems that we are still on a roller-coaster and need some reminding that it will end and we will have survived it and hopefully noticed the good along the way.
So jealous of the cool temps. We are having another 103 day spent hiding in the shade.

CaraBee said...

Well said! I love basil. I have a couple plants around the yard. It smells divine and you can't beat the flavor it adds to dishes.

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

I would love a good tomato.

Shannon said...

Oh, how I love Patsy Cline.


It really is the little things that bring the most joy!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

The weather must have been gorgeous everywhere!!!

Margarita pizza with that tomato & basil...yum!!