We had a small crowd, but it was all good. Lots of yummy food, goody pails for the kids (lovin' Target's dollar spot, I tell ya!), sparklers, and fireworks to finish it off.
Gabe was in rare form (see previous post), but he was lookin' awful sweet at the beginning, posing with Elijah before everyone arrived...

Isabel, sweet as ever. She even used her own babysitting money to buy matching shirts for her little cousins. Oh, this girl...
My sister, Rhonda, came with her own crafty idea of making watermelon pops. They were a big hit, and well on their way to becoming a July 4th tradition.
All you need is a cookie sheet, slices of watermelon, a star-shaped cookie cutter and popsicle sticks. Put 'em in the freezer for one hour, then make some kiddos smile:
All you need is a cookie sheet, slices of watermelon, a star-shaped cookie cutter and popsicle sticks. Put 'em in the freezer for one hour, then make some kiddos smile:






6 comments:
Great pics! We did nothing all weekend. Disappointing for sure.
what a great holiday you had. I am glad that everything turned out alright. Sorry about your horrible dream, that was not good at all.
Love the watermelon pops!
Fun times!!
Those watermelon pops are too cool!!
I love that your sweet daughter bought her cousins matching shirts!! Girls Rock!
I do hate June bugs....they love my hair and are very hard to get out of curly hair!
My 4th was a bit sad. For the 1st time ever....I was alone. John & the girls were working. It was weird.
Love the stars!!! And that big bite of the watermelon star!!!
I love the watermelon pop idea! I wish I had thought of that! We had a watermelon but I just cut it up into boring squares. No creativity here.
Strangely, I haven't seen many Junebugs this year and usually we are mobbed by them. I'm not complaining, it's just weird.
Those watermelon pops are so cute! I am definitely making them next year.
Post a Comment