Monday, July 6, 2009

Taking the Plunge

I've finally decided to do it.

Much to the delight of Lula and Michelle. Much to the chagrin of Joe.

I am taking the plunge, getting ready to enter the world of texting, and mobile email, and Blackberries.

Lula promises to give me a poolside tutorial when we visit Lulaville later this month. (I'm gonna need it!)


I'm curious. How many of you already text? Do you have a Blackberry, or an i-Phone, or something different? Can you imagine living without it, once you have it?

I'm excited. I get an employee discount with Verizon, so I think that's who I'm gonna use. Now I need a book about txt lingo...

19 comments:

Jen said...

this is so AWESOME!!! I have a pink Blackberry curve and I LOVE it.
Do you still have my phone number? Cause when you get your number, we must be blackberry buddies and text away. :)

Rebecca Jo said...

Totally jealous! I'm going to have to break down soon & get my own as well! I am a texting fool, but I'm on the old school phone doing it! Show us a pic of what you end up with!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Girl you don't text!!!??????

I have a propel which I love and text and get on the internet all the time!!!

The girls are always texting us letting us know when they arrived at home safely after work, when they go out of town, when we are working....all. the. time. I love texting.

You are going to love it!!

Cammie said...

I have sprints version of the iPhone...I love to text!

Kori said...

Love my Crackberry Storm. Once you go crackberry you can never go back. Trust me you will not want to.

Lula! said...

Yes--what Jen said. Get a CURVE, not a Pearl. Seriously--you'll thank us.

And then you can be BB Messenger buddies with us. I will send you little blurbs such as the one I sent Jen yesterday: "I think we just broke the potty in Belk's--we're running away now!"

Amazing.

And ditto to what Kori said. She's my BB Messenger buddy, too, and the BB is CRACK.

See? Once you get yours, you can run in our BB Bloggy Circle. It's good times.

p.s. Poolside tutorials come standard with beer and Mike's Hard Lemonade. Just so you know.

The Wife O Riley said...

I don't have a Blackberry, but I do have and Envy II that has a full keyboard. I LOVE texting because sometimes you don't want to have a conversation, you just want to tell them something.

Unknown said...

it will change your life :) i text all the time...can't wait to get a blackberry of my own :)

Meaghan said...

I LOVE my Iphone but thats not a verizon. I have to say I love it so much. BUT you have to know when to put it away. Like when you are out with friends at a dinner or the movies...too many people text while we are having a glass of wine and that drives me NUTTY! They are going to have to start AA for Crackberries and IPhones :) Good luck, enjoy and be safe with it...lol


Stopping by from SITS wanted to let u know about a Giveaway we are hosting to help raise funds Spirit Jump (a gift giving charity sending cards/gifts to people battling cancer)

Really beautiful jewelery up for grabs

www.spiritjump.org

roadrunner201 said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I text on occasion, just from my regular cell phone. Mostly just to mu husband if he is on duty and I don't want to bother him with a phone call.

I am actually still training to teach Bradley classes. I am not against hospital births for everyone, just me. I don't like being in a car when I don't feel good, and labor counts as not feeling good;-)

CCW said...

Thanks for finding me, SITSa! I've been following SITS for a while, but don't know why I waited until today to hit Roll Call. Glad I did!

RE: texting: I'll toss a few around from my li'l Samsung, but I have a wicked case of iPhone-envy ;-)

CaraBee said...

I do the occasional text but I'm not that into it. Probably because my phone is so two thousand and late. Now, if I had a fancy Iphone, which I keep nudging my husband to get me, things might be a little different. I'm feeling very out of the loop. :(

The Redhead Riter said...

I just can't stand a Blackberry and hope that I never have to have one...LOL. I am so OLD FASHIONED when it comes to those phones and think it is because I can't stand the buttons. I hope you really enjoy yours though and look forward to great pics of the one you finally get with stories of fun texting, navigating and everything else it does short of making milkshakes.

Visiting from SITS.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love that there is someone else that is uber late to this particular party. I just got a phone...and a plan...that allows me to text a few weeks ago. It's not a blackberry...but I like my phone very much. It has a full qwerty...which I wanted before I would be able to text! You and Lula will probably still have a lot to teach me come November!

Anonymous said...

i love texting!!! it's easy to do and it's very simple!!! and it saves from having to call the person if you just wanna ask 1 question or just say a word or two to them!!! and i love verizon they are awesome!!! and i don't have the blackberry or iphone i have a samgung trance and i love it!

Melissa said...

I have not entered the world of texting as of yet. I know how to do it, but I haven't gotten my own phone. I feel so out of date, but I stay at home and we do not get any service in our house anyway. Hopefully by the time we all get together in Pigeon Forge, I'll be i-phone ready....

Drahdrah said...

Just stopping by from SITS. Good luck with the tutorials... I do have a cell phone (just a plain old regular one, not a blackberry), but I barely use it. I have not yet become so attached that I can't live without it !

"The Queen in Residence" said...

We just got the touch screen blackberry from Verizon and I have to say that I LOVE IT!!! GEtting e-mails, facebooking anywhere, it's own music section all the apps and the games.... I could go on and on....plus the texting is really fun too. You will love it, but do the tutorial or hand it to your kids and they will show you how to use it in about 2.5 seconds. That is what I did with mine, handed it to DQ and told her how I wanted it set up - kids.

HiHoOhio said...

Blackberry...going back to just a phone soon, hate being over connected