Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wow...

Not sure how many of you were following the blog about April Rose.

I only started about a month ago.

It has come to light that the blog was a hoax.

I am so naive, I usually take what people say at face value. I have met several bloggers in real life, and they were everything they seemed to be on their blog.

It's so sad and such a shame that there are dishonest folks out there. My naivete just took a hit.

If you want to read more, go here.

Also, MckMama from mycharmingkids did a few posts about the situation.

Although it was a scam, and many people were emotionally invested and then exploited by this girl, I do pray that she gets the help she so obviously needs in her life.

Wow...

11 comments:

Katy said...

Don't be down on yourself for being a caring person... caring is not naivety. I think we are all still getting to understand the blogging world and the way people can manipulate it. Unfortunately we can only learn when someone does it to us :-)

Jane In The Jungle said...

I was taken in by the whole thing too. I even posted a pic of the Girl for the Hoping in Pink day!!! Yeah I feel like you, naive. Couldn't believe it when I found out it was all fake!

Katy said...

Hey Heather my birthday is August 26th... ooo... can i have a handmade card !

Rebecca Jo said...

Isnt that amazing... I'm just still in shock of it all... how anyone can find pleasure in lying to people & pulling such a HUGE hoax...

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

That's awful that someone would do that. I'm sorry chicka. I guess sometimes it pays to be cynical.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I knew nothing about it.

Jen said...

That is really terrible!!

Lula! said...

I read about this over at Kathy's...
sad.
She needs prayer. She's gonna get a lot of judgement. But what she needs more than condemnation is prayer.

(I can say this and sound all kinds of righteous because I never read her blog. Keepin' it real here!)

HiHoOhio said...

wow is right, sad, sad

AB HOME INTERIORS said...

Holy Cow! Hahaha Leaving some Friday bloggy love from SITS

Shauna said...

Hope you have a super weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥