Sunday, June 7, 2009

An excerpt from my local newscast:

The headline: Woman Still Works at Age of 90!


A special milestone was marked at Mcauley High School.
Sister Michaeleen Keane celebrated her 90th birthday Sunday.
School staff held a special mass in her honor at the school's performing arts center.
Sister Michaeleen still works every afternoon in the school library which bears her name.
She has given 42 of her 66 years with the archdiocese to thousands of students and alumni at Mcauley through the years
.

God love her.

As much as I truly love being a nurse, please to GOD, I do not want to still be working at the age of 90.

Just sayin'.

10 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

How awesome that she still has that "umph" to want to go in & work every day!! That's probably what keeps her going at that age!

I guess that shows too about finding a job you really love!

CaraBee said...

I have heard that when people feel useful and needed they live longer. Maybe that is the secret to this lady's longevity.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I enjoyed reading your blog today.
I love all the new blogs
I have found. Quite a unique group.
I love making new blogging friends..
I have several Disney posts already on my blog and have several more to post. Hope you will stop by for a visit.

Jen said...

I totally hear you. Working at 90, no way!

Jane In The Jungle said...

I would like to be doing something at 90, but I don't think I would want it to be "work"!!

Suzann said...

Hmmm.
Well, I hope to have the energy and the mind-set to do it, but the money that I don't have to.
I will hope the same for YOU Chicka. Happy Sunday sweet thang.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Me either! I want to be relaxing on my porch rocker at that age watching my great grandbabies run around!!

Brandy said...

My hubs is 4 years old than me and I've already said, when he retires I will too. Cause there is NO way that I will be getting up going to work while he gets to stay at home.

No way.

Denise Grover Swank said...

I have a feeling I won't be working "outside the home" when I'm 90 but I'll still be "working at home." I just have this feeling that once my kids finally leave my house, they'll be back a LOT! And I'll love every minute of it!

Dropping by to meet a fellow Estrogen Extravaganza member!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

That is awsome for her!!!

Think about it, what are you gonna do when you are 90? I think work would be a great thing to still be able to do at that tender age.