It started with a prompt on Facebook. A group called "Get into your jeans regardless of your genes". Led by a friend and joined by other friends, I checked in every day and followed the "rules".
Drink lots of water. Eat lots of protein. Eat less sugar/carbs. Eat every three hours. Move. Do different exercises. Measure. Weigh. Support each other. Succeed!
August 1st was the first day. I had a goal of 15 pounds to lose (the weight I gained while back in college).
Kay joined me. We modified our eating habits (never once calling it a diet...I hate that word.) We walked at least three miles a day, five or more days a week. At least three days a week, I lifted weights and walked an additional three miles on my own.
As of today, we have both lost weight and inches. We are energetic and happy. We are having fun, feeling great and looking better than we have in years. I have three pounds left to lose to meet my goal, and I hope to even beat that goal in time for our family vacation in October.
From now on, the summer of 2012 will be remembered as the summer of weight loss, Kay-and-Heather-style!
2 comments:
I LOVE that plan... simple lifestyle changes with big results! :) Happiness & inches & weight loss? Cant get better!
You look amazing!
Post a Comment