Monday, April 16, 2012

My Baseball Boys

It's April, and around these parts, that means baseball season.

Joe is coaching Elijah's Div III select team, the Bombers.  

Elijah is a lefty pitcher and first baseman.  I can't tell you how much I enjoy watching him play...he pitched the entire game yesterday, and although they lost, he had a great game.  His skill, composure and knowledge of the game astounds me; I go to him for questions and he always has the answers.  I love this kid!


We have over twenty games plus tournaments this season, and I hope to be cheering from the sidelines at every single one!

Another baseball fan in this house is Gabe.  While he isn't ready to play yet (I wanna wait til I'm eight, Mom), he did become a member of the Reds Kids Club and got a backpack full of great gear.  And although the Reds are not off to a good start this season, they do have one of the cutest little fans hoping for a winning game!


Do you enjoy baseball season?  Have a favorite team?  Go hoarse from cheering your favorite team on?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love baseball. Here's a little-known fact about me: I know how to keep score, like with the position numbers and everything. My boys are going to think that's totally cool when they're older ... I hope. =>

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

HELLLOOOOOO!!!!

I do enjoy baseball....Meg played softball for 1 year and it was a fun year!

P.S. the new blogger is totally confusing!!

mep said...

I've got a t-ball player for the second season in a row. I admittedly get distracted talking to other parents and keeping the little ones in line, but I try to cheer! As for favorite teams, we are a house divided. I'm still loyal to the Reds, my hubby is diehard Cardinals, my oldest claims he is a Cubs fan because we used to live four blocks from Wrigley.

@Stacia -- my mom knows how to keep score too and she ended up having to do it for lots of my brother's high school games ... maybe keep that skill on the downlow if you don't want an extra responsibilities!

I wish you lots of wins and smiles this season! Go Reds! Go Bombers!