Monday, September 27, 2010

Finally!

(Photo courtesy of Jenna's Fall Farm)


It's finally here!

60 degrees with an almost chilly breeze.  Trees losing their leaves and turning shades of red, orange, yellow and brown (I think that last one is due to the drought we've been having).

Now I'm in the mood to pull out my sweaters and sweatshirts, jeans and boots.  Bake some pumpkin bread and homemade soup (hmm, potato or chicken-rice or white-chicken-chili...hard choice).  Get a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks.  Buy an Autumn Harvest candle from Yankee.

Take the kids to a haunted house and a pumpkin patch.  Get lost in a corn maze.  Open every single window in my house and let the cool autumn air get into every nook and corner.  (Give my poor a/c a break!).  Enjoy weather forecasts like this one:



The songwriters may think that Christmas is the "most wonderful time of the year", but I disagree.  THIS is the most wonderful time of the year, and I am going to enjoy every second of it!

Do you love autumn?  Any family traditions to help celebrate the most wonderful season of the year?  What's your favorite soup?

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh girl... Fall is so my favorite time of the year!!!!! I love time of keeping windows open all the time - cool air at night, nice breezes in the day...

I love the decorations with oranges & reds & pumpkins... I honestly love everything about Fall!!!

Shelley said...

I L.O.V.E. fall. I love it with a purple passion (whatever that means). It is my most favorite time of year (other than the kids going back to school).
I love the crisp air, opening the windows on the house, the colorful leaves, oh, I just cannot wait for it to cool off here.
I'm so stinking jealous of your forecast. It was 90 here yesterday and the highs are predicted in the upper 80s this week. So, please go outside and shoo some of that blissful weather south please.
Hope you have a great week.

Suzann said...

Oh I adore Autumn!!!!
Favorite soup??? Creamy Chicken with Wild Rice from Panera for sure!!!!
We don't do anything "really" but we do spend a LOT of time at football games while Cait cheers her little heart out. We will be hitting the pumpkin patch at sometime though.

The Wife O Riley said...

I have always loved the crispness in the air that fall brings after a hot summer!

Melissa said...

Fall is my favorite time of year. Unfortunately, it comes a little later in Florida.
My favorite soup is either Vegetable Chowder (which is not gluten-free...grrrr) or Skyline Chili. Fall is a great time for soups. We have a Hallelujah Hoedown at our church every year and we have a chili cook-off. It's so much fun!

CaraBee said...

I love fall. And I am so happy that it is finally here. I enjoy going to the pool and the beach and all that, but I am so over the heat. We don't really have any traditions. :( Maybe I should start some!

brainella said...

It's finally arrived here in GA too. It's still pretty warm during the day but no longer in the 90's...upper 70's/low 80's and in the 50's at night. Hallelujah! Now I just need some chili weather...

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

WOO HOO!!!!!

It has finally turned chilly here this evening....and windy!!