Friday, May 30, 2008

School's out!

From this...



to this...



Thank goodness, school is finally out for the summer! I am just as relieved as my kids...no more rushing to get ready, packing lunches, homework, dance practice, school events...just a well-needed break. Come September, I will be more than ready to get back into the swing of things, but for the next three months, I plan on enjoying the leisurely mornings, afternoons at the pool, and evenings on the deck or at ballgames.
Given the state of the economy and the price of gas alone, we don't plan on leaving our hometown much. I am so glad we live where we do, though...there is so much to do in our little town. The historic library with their fantastic summer reading program; the awesome YMCA just five minutes away; hiking and biking trails just across the street; and lots of town events like the Blues Fest, the pig roast at the Y, parades, Farmer's markets, produce stands...We will not be bored!
Looking forward to making this a summer of great memories, times spent together as a family, putting the brakes on the hectic life we live and cherishing all of our many blessings.

No comments: