

My friend, Renee...we have been friends for over twenty years! I started out being her weekend babysitter when I was just eleven years old, and we gradually became the best of friends. I was there in the room when her last baby was born (is it possible that Kate is 12 years old?!), and she was with me for the births of my first two babies. And although we live an hour away from each other, and her kids are in college and high school and middle school, and my youngest is only three...we still remain close. Isn't it strange how comfortable you can be with some people; only talking occasionally, seeing each other once or twice a year, but still being able to pick up where you left off every time? I love that about me and Renee. She has always been the mom that I have modeled myself after; she is an inspiration! Over the holidays this year we were able to get our families together, and we had such a great time; Gabe cried and cried when it was time to leave, and when Renee offered to let him stay (jokingly), he told me "bye, Mommy", and was totally fine with staying without me. That booger! I know the feeling, though...I have always loved being at Renee's house. Look at our kids together...can you believe I used to change their diapers? Now they're taller than me! I am so blessed that God put Renee in my life...she has been such a great friend, and I know she always will be. I love that girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment