Getting shorted $100 on my paycheck, for the second time in a row. Great.
Having an argument with my husband about...you guessed it. Money. Or the lack thereof.
Driving around town, running errands, shopping for Thanksgiving, trying not to stress out about the money (I do not want to go back to working a bunch of hours; I do not.)
Volunteering in Isabel's class, with Gabe in tow. He was actually a very good boy, but it was still exhausting.
Getting home, showered, dressed (changing outfits four times), hair fixed; still no husband home to watch the kids, getting more stressed out by the second...
Finally, on the road, picking up Kay (my MIL) and heading to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. And margaritas. And some pre-Twilight excitement. Oh, did I mention margaritas? Yep, I downed two of them in ten minutes flat (told you I was stressed out).
FYI, if you want good service, a steak upgrade, and extra attention...wear a "boobie shirt" when you go. Like I did. Our poor waiter, he didn't stand a chance with Kay, Catherine, and me. But hey, it worked in my favor, and I sure needed the boost (no pun intended).
Here's Kay after only one sangria. The girl is a cheap date, for sure! This was also a special night for Catherine; her last night with long luscious hair (see her blog for the rest of the story).

After stuffing ourselves full of bread and steak (and margaritas and sangrias and beer), we headed to the theatre. I'm sure Kay was tired of taking pictures, but she was such a good sport. She gets me, you know. In all my blog-addicted-craziness. And she loves me even still.

There were nine of us altogether, ranging in age from 14 to 52. And we were all excited to finally see Edward and Bella on the silver screen. I haven't been this thrilled to see a movie since I don't know when. And yes, we made total fools of ourselves taking (many) pictures before the previews started. What else was there to do? Here I am with Michelle and her youngest Twilight convert, her co-worker's daughter.

Catherine, Kay and I, digesting our dinner. Notice my new Twilight pin, given to me by Catherine. Isn't she just so sweet?

By the time she made it to the movie, Becky was in the same shape I was in, rushing around to get to there on time. I felt bad that I couldn't sneak her in a drink; I'm sure she needed it by then. Tatum was there, too, but was being camera-shy. By the time the lights dimmed and the previews came on, all thoughts of our hectic day were gone...

You don't know how badly I wanted to take a picture of the actual movie, just for my blog. But I didn't (I'm sure I would've been kicked out). Suffice it to say that we oohed, we ahhed, we screamed, we laughed, we sat in awe on some parts, rolled our eyes on a couple (Billy Black was a tad cheesy); our consensus: in order to truly appreciate the movie, you MUST read the book. Yes, some parts weren't that great. But Edward was incredible. There were times when I swear every female in that theatre was breathless. And I'm sure that at some point during the movie, some part of us wanted to BE Bella, at least for a moment. Would I see it again? Definitely. Will I buy it on DVD? Oh, yes. Am I excited for a sequel? Have you been listening? Of course!

Catherine, Kay and I, digesting our dinner. Notice my new Twilight pin, given to me by Catherine. Isn't she just so sweet?

By the time she made it to the movie, Becky was in the same shape I was in, rushing around to get to there on time. I felt bad that I couldn't sneak her in a drink; I'm sure she needed it by then. Tatum was there, too, but was being camera-shy. By the time the lights dimmed and the previews came on, all thoughts of our hectic day were gone...

You don't know how badly I wanted to take a picture of the actual movie, just for my blog. But I didn't (I'm sure I would've been kicked out). Suffice it to say that we oohed, we ahhed, we screamed, we laughed, we sat in awe on some parts, rolled our eyes on a couple (Billy Black was a tad cheesy); our consensus: in order to truly appreciate the movie, you MUST read the book. Yes, some parts weren't that great. But Edward was incredible. There were times when I swear every female in that theatre was breathless. And I'm sure that at some point during the movie, some part of us wanted to BE Bella, at least for a moment. Would I see it again? Definitely. Will I buy it on DVD? Oh, yes. Am I excited for a sequel? Have you been listening? Of course!
After the movie ended, and we sat in our seats making certain that it was indeed over, we headed over to Ruby Tuesday for drinks and food and Twilight re-hashing. Good times.
We even posed in our matching Betty shawls, Michelle, Becky and I. Yep, we're warm and snuggly...thank goodness, 'cause it was below 20 degrees when we walked out of there! Thanks, Betty from Keeper of the Skies...we love you!

Before we left, we even managed to get one more person to join the Twilight bandwagon...our waitress. We fussed and carried on so much, she couldn't help but be intrigued. And she was so easygoing, she even posed for this picture (at the end of her shift), knowing I was gonna be blogging about her. God love 'er.

Before we left, we even managed to get one more person to join the Twilight bandwagon...our waitress. We fussed and carried on so much, she couldn't help but be intrigued. And she was so easygoing, she even posed for this picture (at the end of her shift), knowing I was gonna be blogging about her. God love 'er.

18 comments:
That's awesome! I'm glad you had fun. I liked it even better the second time and can't wait to see it a third!!!
Oh Heather this is great! Sounds like ya'll had as much fun as we did. thanks for stopping by today and YES, I'm going to read the book!! I promise....... And get the CD..... And get the DVD... And read the whole series!!!!!!!!
I can't believe you went out to eat before and after the movie!! Did you eat popcorn at the theater also?? lol If so, please tell me how you keep trim.
I take it Michelle isn't in to the boobyshirts like you are. lol She didn't even show NECK for a vampire movie. What's up with that Michelle???
Glad you all had a good time.
I also think today was a day for husband bashing, been seeing it all over the blogmoshere today ;)
Oh yeah! It was a fun night for sure. I totally had a great time and I totally loved the movie. You are not kidding about everyone being breathless at some point. Danielle told me her friend kept telling her to breath. She was in awe. We just got back from seeing it again and it was better. I enjoyed it more the second time. We will go and see it a least one more time, yes one more time. That should do until the DVD comes out. And, yes, I can't wait for New Moon.
There is nothing more valuable that a good booby shirt...!
I managed to procure a Poster from work for you, it is 1.75 metres high by 1.17 metres wide! Just need to work out how to send it to you. I will send you a photo. Glad you liked the movie, there is nothing worse that going to see a movie after reading the book and it being crap!
You gotta give me the name of that bra girl!
I am ready to start reading Twilight again. I really like the sound of the book on tape you have too. Maybe I'll do both!!
Ya'll look like you had such a great time! And how could you not after two margaritas in 10 minutes?
And I love all the pictures you took. I just took one of Katie outside in front of the poster. But I wish I had stopped the two high school girls who were obviously skipping school. They had such cute home made team Edward shirts...
You have the same feelings about it as I did. I feel you must read the books to fully appreciate the movie. That giddy, bubbly feeling that happens whenever Edward looks at Bella. Sigh. I loved the movie. I know some were disappointed, but I was not one of them. Glad to hear I'm not alone. I think just getting out without my kids was theraputic enough. Add Edward on to that and how can you go wrong?
Girl, I TOTALLY took a picture during the movie. And Tiffany got so mad at me, but I blew her off. I WILL post that picture. Oh yes, I will.
Oh, I've already signed up to be notified by Amazon when Twilight comes out on DVD!
I wanted to take some pics of all of us in our seats waiting for the movie to start... but I was scared of the theater manager with her walkie-talkie who had already yelled at everyone to find a seat!... move to the middle!... turn off cell phones! Yikes. I feared her wrath if I whipped out my camera.
Awww...you guys are wearing the shawls.....too sweet!!
Looks like you guys had a blast!
I loved love loved the movie!!!!
Looks like you girls had an awesome time.
Man, it looks like you guys had a great night! So jealous!!!!!!
I am so glad you all had such a good time. I wish I could have been there too but you know me, in bed by 9:00 and I had to work Friday too. I was really tired. But I felt so good that you could all have such a great time. You all deserve it. And I am so glad you have Kay, she is just too wonderful. I really like her. Love, Mom.
You guys sure had an awesome time and I will join you in saying that prayer too.
I was entertained an it was a great weekend, but I brought home a cold and am going back to bed. But I wanted to see how much fun you had. I did not take one picture you can see how icky I was feeling....
I'm so glad you had a great time. Sounds like a fun night all around! I had to work late so there was no pre-Twilight party but I did manage to sneak in a flask of rum for rum and cokes while watching the movie. It definitely made the movie better.... if that's possible. As soon as it ended I was like - 'When is this coming out on dvd? I don't know if I can wait.' Haha!
Sorry to have missed the last part of the evening, but enjoyed the dinner and movie. I must admit, I was not breathless over Edward, I was thinking how old I am and how young all the teens were....I enjoyed listening to them being breathless and giggle and oooh and aaah! It was a great evening! Now I guess I have to read 3 & 4!
Cute photos too. Send me the braid one and the others with me in them, would ya....last long hair photos for a long time!
Post a Comment