Saturday, February 9, 2013

Moments

It's so funny to me the moments in our kids' lives that we cherish, they view in a completely different light.

Last week, Elijah accepted an award for Student of the Quarter of his freshman class.  What an honor, right?

Well, unless you're a fourteen-year-old boy who dreads the thought of getting up in front of an auditorium full of people to accept an award for being, gasp, a good student!  How horrifying...






Horrifying for him (though secretly I'm pretty sure he was a little bit glad), but awesome for his family.  Hearing praise from his teachers, watching him shake the hands of the school administrators, quickly wiping a tear from my cheek before I completely embarrassed him...it was a pretty amazing evening for this proud momma.

Good thing he wouldn't even dream of reading this blog; he'll never even know I told you guys about this!

1 comment:

myfluffybunnies said...

So sweet! Stealth congratulations to your Elijah! :)