Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's sprung!

Spring has definitely sprung around these parts, which is unbelievable since it doesn't usually come this early in March!  I already have tulips and green grass and blossoms on the pear tree...I love it!  (Some folks have already turned on their a/c, which I refuse to do this early in the year.)

We have spent many warm afternoons and evenings outside, making paper boats and having races in the backyard:


Practicing my new photography skills on long walks in the neighborhood:


Admiring the warm sun as it beams its way through the trees:


Loving the gorgeous flowers on the pear tree, the crabapples, the dogwoods...


and getting our garden started with seeds and a mini-greenhouse:


Is it spring yet where you are?  How are you "getting your spring on"?

1 comment:

mep said...

Spring sprang early here as well. Our first in this home. What a treat to find four different flowering trees in our yard, to see the kids play outside so happily, to feel the breeze through open windows at night (I too refused to turn on the AC during the warm March days).

It's a big cold this week, but the sun is still shining -- glorious!