Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Decade and a half

 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

This has long been one of my favorite Bible verses, one that gives me comfort when my life doesn't seem to be going according to my plan...it's good to know that someone around here has a plan (thanks, God).

Fifteen years ago, when our 22-year-old selves stood at the front of the First Church of God and said our vows in front of God and everybody, we had no idea what was in store for us.  Sure, we had a plan, but you know what they say about the best-laid plans (you don't know what they say?  just google it :)

Anyway, Joe and I had lots of plans.  Work hard, make lots of money, travel the world, have a few kids (I said four, he said two), maybe move to the beaches of South Carolina and live happily ever after.

We have definitely worked hard.  We don't make lots of money, but we have enough to pay the bills and travel a bit and still save some, and you all know we ended up with three kids (marriage is all about compromise, is it not?).  And though we have struggled through some times when we didn't like each other all that much; when money was tight and patience was scarce; those times are few and far between.

Fifteen years ago, I chose this guy to be my husband:



and we ended up with an amazing family:


We may have had our plans, but I have to say that God's plan has been even better.

Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.

                                                         -- Tom Mullen


5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

ahh - happy anniversary!

Ricky & I just had that conversation that when I watch someone get married, I know they have "plans" for that lays ahead - & how often do those plans really work out? ... yeah, exactly.

CaraBee said...

15. Wow. A wonderful testament to your commitment to each other and your marriage.

Happy anniversary! Here's to 15 more, and 15 after that, and 15 after that...

Shelley said...

Congratulations guys. Here's to at least 50 more.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Joe! Hope the next 15 are just as wonderful as the first!

Shannon said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary!