Monday, October 4, 2010

Domino effect

Nothing has a domino effect like the good ole' stomach flu.

First, Isabel came down with it this past Thursday afternoon.

Then, my niece started on Friday night.

At 5am this morning, Gabe came downstairs covered in Red Robin leftovers (and not in a good way, folks).  Not once, not twice...five times did the poor little guy hurl.  He who never pukes has made up for it in just one day.

On a side note, Joe is home sick with a really bad cold, fever/runny nose/cough...general yuckiness.

I doubt if there's enough antibacterial soap in the world that will keep me safe from these invading germs.

If I'm MIA in blogland for awhile, you'll know why.  Keep us in your prayers, please.

Now I've got a pile of laundry to attack...not to mention toilets to scrub.  Le sigh.

8 comments:

BBB said...

Oh yuck... I'm sorry sweetie. I really really hope somehow you manage to keep away from it!!!

brainella said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear this. Hopefully your constitution of steal will fend off any errant germs. I hope everyone gets well soon.

Rebecca Jo said...

Are you singing "Its the most wonderful time of the year" ???

Poor babies!!! When I first saw your comment about Isabel being sick, I promise you, I went right to the pharmacy to get my flu shot!
I have a fear of the flu!!! Another reason why I couldnt do your job as a nurse!!!!

stephanie said...

you poor thing. nothing worse than the stomach flu.

praying for your family.

CaraBee said...

Ugh. We had a round of that a couple of weeks ago. NOT. FUN. Here's hoping everyone is feeling better soon!

Shannon said...

Sending thoughts, prayers, and massive amounts of Purell your way.


xoxo

Suzann said...

Oh NO!!!
I will pray - for all of you!!! And for you to have the strength to keep on cleaning and disinfecting.

mep said...

Based on your facebook update, I'm thinking you guys are out of the woods now. Hope that has remained true!

We had a fun stomach flu experience last February on vacation in Florida with my in-laws. Imagine one small condo, two toilets, and five people (adults and children) afflicted with a "both-ends" virus. Good, good times.