Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ding dong, the germs are dead!

Other than spending ten days suffering from the effects of the stomach flu, we have been having a great October around here!  And now that the germs have hit every one of us (except for Joe, who always seems to avoid getting the stomach flu), we are ready for some fall fun.

The house is decked out in Halloween and harvest decor, both outside...



and in...






We're ready to bake apple muffins, pumpkin crisp and pumpkin bread while sipping pumpkin spiced coffee and hot apple cider...


We want to hold Autumn in our hands and love every minute.  (Including Autumn the cat, too :)


 We're planning dinner with friends this weekend, and a trip to the Halloween Haunt at King's Island.  Sunday is Elijah's last day of fall baseball and basketball, and we have fourteen more days until a big surprise fall vacation.

How's your October so far?  Any big fall plans?  Do you get decorating ideas from Family Fun magazine?

7 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I love Fall decor!!!

Loving the which in the window! :)

And Holy Cow!!! Isabel looks very much like a teenager in that picture!!!!

Jen said...

I am glad that you are out from under that that flu.

CaraBee said...

Okay, that witch in the front window would give me a heart attack every time I walked past it.

I do love fall decor. Sophie and I spent an hour this afternoon putting vinyl window clings on all of the windows and doors and mirrors.

We're heading to the pumpkin farm on Monday. There will be hayrides and corn mazes and cider, oh my. And hopefully we'll come home with a pumpkin or five.

Suzann said...

Happy Fall.
So happy the germs have left the building.

I still haven't decorated. I will - soon.

Vacation? To Chicago!?!? Coming to see ME???

brainella said...

We've located the germs again here in GA. My husband now has strep -- he's doctor bound today. I just hope Dominic doesn't get it in two weeks.

I have this new pumpkin streudel cake that I'm going to try this weekend. :)

Yay fall. The decorations look great!

BBB said...

It all looks great. We're skipping fall decor this year, for obvious reasons!!

Shannon said...

Glad y'all are feeling better! It's about time, huh? ;)


I love the witch cut-out in the window!