"Isabel and Gabe dancing to the music!"I know it's early, but the next few days are going to be crazy with the kids out of school, me working, and then trying to celebrate the holiday and get ready for Christmas shopping! So, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, and encourage you to think of all of the things you have to be grateful for. The big things (health, family, God's grace), and the little things (listening to your kids getting along for once!). The other night I was downstairs making Christmas cards, and through the baby monitor, I could hear Isabel being in Gabe's room. Just when I was ready to go upstairs and tell them to get into their beds (for the third time!), I stopped to listen to what they were saying. Isabel was praying with Gabe, and it was so precious. She would say "Thank you, God, for Mommy and Daddy" and Gabe would repeat her. They worked their way through every member of our family, and then said "Amen" together. Isabel is such a little mother to her baby brother, and he loves her like crazy. If I would not have had the monitor on, or if I would have gone up the stairs in anger, I never would have been blessed to hear that prayer. And I so needed to hear that prayer. On that note, have a great and blessed day yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment