Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer Wish List


In a previous post, I mentioned our tradition of making a "summer wish list".  It took a few days, but the kids have finally decided on their five things they want to do these next three months.  Here it is:

Gabe:

1.  Go to the "Dinosaur Museum" aka The Creation Museum in Kentucky.  Starts with Adam and Eve, has a model of Noah's ark and lots of different Biblical displays of how God created the world.


2.  Spend the day at Cocoa Key Water Resort in Sharonville, Ohio.  He has wanted to go here for the past two years; I think we may have to cave in this year...


3.  Play Legos.  A lot.  Build a whole city with the whole family helping.  Get new Lego sets for his birthday in August.

4 & 5.  More of the above :)

Isabel:

1.  Swim at the YMCA alot!

2.  Go to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch or dinner.

3.  Hike at Caesar's Creek.


4.  Visit Jungle Jim's, an international grocery store in Fairfield, OH.  (It is a pretty amazing place.)

5.  Go to a beach, either a lake or ocean.

Elijah:

1.  Spend the afternoon at Lazer Kraze.


2.  Eat at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries.

3.  Eat at Chili's.  (Can you tell it's Frugal Year this year?  We haven't eaten out a lot lately.)

4.  Go to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game.

5.  Get new video games for his birthday (June 18th).

Mom:

1.  Agree with Gabe:  go to the Creation Museum.

2.  Visit a new park and go hiking/camping.

3.  Get family photos done.

4.  Eat at Der Dutchman, an authentic Amish restaurant near Caesar's Creek park.

5.  Go to the Warren County Fair (we've lived here for eight years and have never gone!)

Dad:

Still hasn't come up with his yet :)

I love that the kids came up with ideas of things that we can really do; nothing too expensive or unreasonable. Looks like we'll be able to make their wishes come true!  Summer 2010 is gonna be a great one!

9 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I love that Gabe wants to go to the Creation Museum! And Lego's? That's fantastic!

I'm with Isabel with Cheesecake Factory! yum!!!! I've heard so much about Jungle Jim's too... I know some people from here that go up like MONTHLY to shop!!!!

Elijah - look at how DO-ABLE like ALL the items are on his list! Good boy!

Hope you get a family portrait... you need that with all the kids growing so fast!

Sounds like a great fun summer lays ahead!

brainella said...

How fun. I might have to steal this idea from you! We'll need to see lots of pictures...

CaraBee said...

I'm with Brainella, I love this idea! And I love that the kids came up with fun, but totally doable, wishes. Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Those are some awesome lists of things to do!

I have friends who have gone to that museum and said it was amazing.

When John & I have a "cheat day" we go eat at Five Guys! Oh. so. good!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Melissa said...

i love this idea! I am definitely going to have to copy it! Saturday is almost here!!! I'm so excited.

E... said...

This sounds like a summer full of awesome things. Great choices by all! We'll be doing at least a few of these as well. On our list is Kings Island, b/c the kids are finally old enough -- too bad I'm too pregnant to join them on most rides!

mep said...

Have fun making all those wishes come true! Inspired by your last post on the wish list, I asked my family members for lists this weekend. My husband wants to play a couple rounds of golf. I want to drink a mojito while sitting outside. My kids want to play, play, play, preferably with their cousins.

P.S. -- My parents live about three minutes from Jungle Jims!

Suzann said...

I'm loving your summer lists.

I didn't realize Elijah's birthday was June 18th.

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

I'm a dork -- where is the Creation Museum??