In a previous post, I mentioned our tradition of making a "summer wish list". It took a few days, but the kids have finally decided on their five things they want to do these next three months. Here it is:
1. Go to the "Dinosaur Museum" aka The Creation Museum in Kentucky. Starts with Adam and Eve, has a model of Noah's ark and lots of different Biblical displays of how God created the world.
2. Spend the day at Cocoa Key Water Resort in Sharonville, Ohio. He has wanted to go here for the past two years; I think we may have to cave in this year...
3. Play Legos. A lot. Build a whole city with the whole family helping. Get new Lego sets for his birthday in August.
4 & 5. More of the above :)
1. Swim at the YMCA alot!
2. Go to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch or dinner.
3. Hike at Caesar's Creek.
4. Visit Jungle Jim's, an international grocery store in Fairfield, OH. (It is a pretty amazing place.)
5. Go to a beach, either a lake or ocean.
1. Spend the afternoon at Lazer Kraze.
2. Eat at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries.
3. Eat at Chili's. (Can you tell it's Frugal Year this year? We haven't eaten out a lot lately.)
4. Go to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game.
5. Get new video games for his birthday (June 18th).
1. Agree with Gabe: go to the Creation Museum.
2. Visit a new park and go hiking/camping.
3. Get family photos done.
4. Eat at Der Dutchman, an authentic Amish restaurant near Caesar's Creek park.
5. Go to the Warren County Fair (we've lived here for eight years and have never gone!)
Still hasn't come up with his yet :)
I love that the kids came up with ideas of things that we can really do; nothing too expensive or unreasonable. Looks like we'll be able to make their wishes come true! Summer 2010 is gonna be a great one!