Friday, June 11, 2010

Frag time ('cause that's all I have time for)


Squeezing this post in, in between dishes and housecleaning and getting ready to go in for a 3 to midnight shift.  My marathon of working is almost at an end...I work Sunday and Monday 12 hour nights, then I'm off for a week.  We have a big surprise planned for the kids during that time; I'll share that later, since Isabel reads my blog and I don't want to ruin the fun.

I miss my blog friends!  I'm in withdrawal, and feel like I've missed out on a week of everyone's lives.  Can't wait for things to settle down around here.

Baseball ends on June 26th, and while having a slower schedule will be nice, I will miss it.  Elijah is doing an awesome job at pitching and fielding, although he struggles at hitting, which makes him get so down on himself.  Why are we so hard on ourselves on the things we don't do well, instead of celebrating the things we DO do well?  Sigh.

Isabel has read three books already this week!  If she can't be found, all you have to do is look in the playhouse out back, and there she is, with a pillow and a book, content to read for hours.  I love it!

Gabe is loving having his siblings home from school; we have gone swimming at the Y, hiked on trails (and found lots of poison ivy), gone to the library to visit Miss Barb and had lots of fun at Elijah's baseball games.  Last week, he had hours of fun in the mud puddles at the fields, and although he was a mess to clean up, he had all of us in tears laughing at his antics.  I wish I would've had my camera!

I have finished my spring quarter of college with another "A"; start Genetics and Organic Chemistry at the end of the month.  I think these classes will be more of a challenge than American Film and Cultural Diversity; what do you think?

Once again, I will be MIA around blogland for a while...hope you're still around when I get back!

11 comments:

brainella said...

Busy, busy, busy! Summer always seems so crazy; I think we just try to put more into the days because of the weather and DST.

Have fun on your week off!

Rebecca Jo said...

You're not alone... I see a lot of bloggers not being able to get on the computer a lot during summer... That's what summer is about, relaxing & enjoying your family - no worries! :)

Cant wait to hear what the surprise is... & since she reads it, GOOD JOB on all that reading Isabel!!!!

Jen said...

I don't know how but summer is the busiest time of year. Its like we save all our activities for the 3 months of the summer. Shesh.

Hope you are well.

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Sounds like things are hoping at your house.

I have a couple readers at my house too. Gert tested at a almost-5th-grade reading level, and she took that news and incentive to read every book she could find!!! Works for me!!

CaraBee said...

I was, and am, a big reader. Spending all day in the playhouse with a pillow and a book sounds divine. We're two of a kind, me and Isabel!

Way to go on the A! Yes, I imagine the coming courses will be harder, but you'll still kick butt!

Can't wait to hear about the surprise! What fun!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Wow, you are busy!

I've said it before and I'll say it again....You are SUPERWOMAN!!!

Awesome job getting another A!

Toia said...

Congratulations on your "A"!

mep said...

I'm with CaraBee -- a playhouse, pillow, and books sounds like heaven!

Congratulations on that A! Sounds like you guys are having a great summer so far!

prashant said...

Have fun on your week off!
Contextual Ad Network India

Shelley said...

This summer business is keeping us all on our toes. Sounds like you're having fun though. Congrats on the A and good luck in the next class.

Katy said...

Hey There Heather - just spending some time catching up on my favourite American Family! I hope things settle down for you soon!