Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Countdown to harvest...

Carrots.
Butternut squash.
Grape, jellybean, Better boy, Early Girl tomatoes (I really like tomatoes!).
Tomatillos.
Pole beans.
Lettuce.
Red peppers, yellow peppers.
Sugar baby watermelon.
Strawberries, blackberries.
Thyme, rosemary, parsley, cilantro, basil.
Seven bags of soil with Miracle Gro, one bag of humus, two bags of mulch, at least fifty landscaping blocks.
Three days of hard work (and a pretty good farmer's tan to go with it).
A family effort.
The garden is in.

10 comments:

Suzann said...

Totally Jealous!
Farmer Joe and his Farmer Wife Heather.
Enjoy.

Rebecca Jo said...

Holy cow... you're going to have some amazing food to eat!

Love it was a family effort too!!!

I'll be up when you start having some yummy salads & fruit smoothies! :)

mep said...

Hope your harvest yields plenty! Sounds like a wonderful garden!

Jen said...

can you make me one of those too please?

E... said...

Geez. I gotta get my act together. So far, we just have a bare spot next to the house where a bunch of firewood sat for over a year that I won't let J. plant grass on because I really really want a functioning garden, not the hillbilly pots of tomatoes I had next to my front door last year. This weekend, it is on!

brainella said...

Let me know when the harvest is and I'll come help pick AND eat! :)

Angie's Spot said...

Wow, that is an awesome garden! We planted tomatoes and corn this year. (We have a tiny space unfortunately) The tomatoes are already well on their way, but I'm afraid this just isn't our year for corn. :-( Can't wait to see the update on the harvest!

Brandy said...

Wow! I can't wait to see what kind of harvests you get out of that haul. I love fresh tomatoes and I've been seriously thinking of getting a container plant so I can grow some myself.

Can I borrow your green thumb?

Shannon said...

How 'bout sending me some of that harvest? ;)

CaraBee said...

Oh my gosh, and I was feeling good about my Basil. Ha!